My New Layout - Crick Road

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

My New Layout - Crick Road

Post by 47806 »

I have just about finished the plan for the first board for my second layout. I have just set up a website for it: http://www.geocities.com/thomasblampied/crick_road.html

Post by 47806 »

Just an Update:

Track is down and wired, scenics have started.

A HUGE tip for anyone, do not use flour and water paste to make hills, the whole thing just peeled away from the baseboard! Back to square one (oh well). I think plater bandage should work better.

More info on the layout website.
brush man

Post by brush man »

Great start 47806, nice looking website too :)

Mark

Post by 47806 »

My progress update:

Having cleared out all the flour and water mix (that was a mistake, it doesn't like polystyrene at all), I started on the scenics with plaster bandage instead. It works much better and look great. I have started to coat the road areas with Poly Filla - I hate this stuff, it is drying while it is still in the bowl.

I got a three-pack of HEA hoppers (Hornby) for Christmas along with a set of Bachmann intermodal wagons. The intermodal set is really a great model. I have put review of both on my website. I am hoping to get a Bachmann 57 some time in the future.

I finally decided to try weathering a wagon, almost all of my stock is factory-weathered so I had to pick my TTA wagon, I am really pleased with the brake dust effect using chalk pastel applied with a wet cotton ball.

Last edited by 47806 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

You need a better webhost than Geosites!
Currently on the rails with my camera
surf1845

Post by surf1845 »

mortyfootball wrote:You need a better webhost than Geosites!
I agree 100%.

C**P!
Les

Visit my N gauge layout

What's that burning smell....?
Fatneck

Post by Fatneck »

47806 wrote:A HUGE tip for anyone, do not use flour and water paste to make hills, the whole thing just peeled away from the baseboard! Back to square one (oh well). I think plater bandage should work better...
Better to do what I did. A few scoops of San Miguel, a couple of brandies, a bucket of paste, some old Daily Expresses, a drunken ex-dart player's eye and Bob's your uncle. Hills - and I reckon they look pretty good. Shame I can't remember how I made them :lol: :lol:
Honorary Member of the Torrevieja Model Railway Club (Spain) and fairly proficient bridge builder 8)

Post by 47806 »

Here is the latest.

I have started to cover the layout with grass and I have also begun painting the depot and the bridges. The station is on hold while I sort out some custom pointwork for the bay platform. Next step is to continue to build the brick retaining wall supporting the WCML. The bricks are individually carved from DAS modelling compound.

Here is a photo of what the wall looks like and also the WCML as it is now, catenary is a long way in the future!

Last edited by 47806 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 47806 »

The latest: not that good.

I have ripped up the track near the station and will be starting that bit again, it will be more complicated and (hopefully) more realistic and interesting.
sanctuary

Post by sanctuary »

Can I put a request in please. will you post the pictures of your layout on here, rather than just on your web site. It makes it easier to include them in the next NRM Virtual Exhibition.

Thanks
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

Post by 47806 »

I agree, it would be easier to post here, unfortunately due to bandwidth constraints from my website provider - any more than 4mb worth of stuff viewed an hour and my website is taken off-line. I was planning on adding a few more photos when more of the layout is finished. At the moment, the layout looks rather patchy and very much incomplete.
Raider

Post by Raider »

Upload the photos to Photobucket - you can include them in your website and on here as well - just a thought

Post by 47806 »

Here are the latest photos - the state of progress on the layout at the moment. I think I will be able post photos once in a while, but I will stick mostly to fotopic.

Forget the above statement...

Great News!!! I just got a photobucket, prepare for many more photos and even videos.

Last edited by 47806 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

nice pics
8)
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

Love the 47 and great pics too 8)