Pawford 00 New Trainee engine driver saves layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
sanctuary

Pawford 00 New Trainee engine driver saves layout

Post by sanctuary »

Spent 2 days clearing away 5yrs of neglect, I had to remove tunnel tops and sides ( found a bird that must have got into the garage and not found a way back out, dried up next to the track) used the stockings in the vacuum cleaner pipe trick, just in case any important bits might have got sucked up.

I still have to clean the track, are the track rubbers still the best way or has a new way been found ?.

You can see the track layout clearly, now its stripped down.

To gain access to the hidden sidings the tops and/or fronts can be removed

Some scenes from ALSTON

A famous watering hole with Jack in the Thunder box reading the sporting Life, whilst the neighbors suffer his pigeons

Scenes from the "Arth on Pew" section of the Layout

Pawford in Action

The Electronics are explained Here http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... &sk=t&sd=a

How to Build with Linka Explained here http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 688#p47688
Last edited by sanctuary on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 am, edited 30 times in total.
Raider

Post by Raider »

It looks to have survived well through the years of neglet. The attention to detail is fantastic - must have taken ages to get to the stage it is now.

I like the way you access the hidden sidings - nice touch.

On the track cleaning front people do still use the good old track rubber, or Hornby do a track cleaning wagon that needs to be pushed round by a loco, or you can get an electrical track cleaner. Obviously, you would need to be able to run trains to use the track cleaning wagon.

Keep the photos coming

Chris
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Sanctuary,

This layout is...is...is...no, it's no good. I can't find the right words to say how good your layout looks. I love the Linka streets. I have seen the moulds on eBay a few times and think it's a real shame that (as far as I'm aware) they are not on general sale anymore. The care you have taken just goes to show how, with the right application, a truly awesome scenic effect can be created.

I have to say too that Chris is spot on about your hidden tracks. It's all very neat, tidy and so very, very good! :wink:

Are there any major additional features you are going to add or is it simply a case of finishing what you already started? The station at one end for example: have you already got plans for the buildings, etc?

And any chance of a video of it in operation? :D

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
Pete

Post by Pete »

(A quick edit here, posted to the wrong thread :oops: )

What I meant to say was ......

Welcome to the forum sanctuary

I'd love the back yards, what is that chap doing to that motorbike?

Keep posting the pics.

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
Ijdagger

Post by Ijdagger »

its very atmospheric, brilliant
sanctuary

Post by sanctuary »

Raider wrote:It looks to have survived well through the years of neglet.
Chris
Oops you spoke to soon, I have just come in from the garage, I turned on the layout electrics for the first time. Transformer buzzing like mad, looks like I have a short in the point electronics, I'll have to trace out all the wiring :x and hope I can remember everything I did as I go along.

Things I want to do on the layout are

Docks

Timber mill, Cattle Dock, Passenger Ferry Terminal, Coal Dock and General Goods Warehouse.

Canal

Canal and Basin with Wharf and Warehouse

Coal Mine

Pit Head and shunting yard

They are the longterm jobs I need to get the base board painted so it looks a lot more like a layout, all the track laying is complete although I need to ballast the track, no small job.

A few of the buildings need a bit of maintenace

quote="Pete"]
I'd love the back yards, what is that chap doing to that motorbike?

Keep posting the pics.

Pete[/quote]

Syphoning off the petrol, he's the Clam-pet neighbour from hell, next door but one, who lets the neighbour Hood down, this is his backyard, full of junk.

sanctuary

Post by sanctuary »

Infrontcat wrote:Sanctuary,

. I love the Linka streets. I have seen the moulds on eBay a few times and think it's a real shame that (as far as I'm aware) they are not on general sale anymore.

Tim
Tim thanks for the compliment my wife says any more and she'll have to make the doors wider to get my big head out. :lol:

I belive the linka sets are back on the market take a look at this thread Here
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Thanks Sanctuary. I've got blooming insomnia (can't get comfy 'cos my ruddy medication won't work :evil: ) but that has cheered me up. It's out of my price range for now, but one day....

Thanks Mate
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
zipdiskdude

Post by zipdiskdude »

Excellent layout. I love the small scenes in the garden of everyday life. It's given me some ideas for my layout.
waz

Post by waz »

Wonderful absolutely wonderful !!!!

Best Regards

BILL.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Welcome to the forums, and only word to some it up fantastic :wink:
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Simple marvellous 8)

Lofty
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

wow thats one fantastic layout, brilliant 8)
Derek

Post by Derek »

Sanctuary; just caught up with this thread.
WOW :shock: that is one big layout!!!

And excellent modelling too. Do you have a track plan that would could see? Or could you briefly describe it?
davek

Post by davek »

Excellent layout!