5690's Model Railway - Atkinston

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

5690's Model Railway - Atkinston

Post by 5690 »

Hi guys! This is my new model railway, it's WIP and I just wanted to ask what you all think of it :D! This is a modified TrakMat, but will have two spurs to a mainline which goes all around my room. The main line will be known as the Deb Moors line (anagram of Bedrooms) and the terminus station will be known as Stir Soot Road (anagram of Door to Stairs as it's hopefuly going to go to the door!) In the middle of the loops will be a fairly industrial town, and the small single track siding you see in the middle of the loops is just like a goods terminal, fenced off by a concrete fence to the town but accessible by workers via a gate. At the back of the railway where the third loop moves away is where a standard and island platform will go, with a footbridge connecting them.

Photos are here: http://www.michaels-railway-photos.foto ... 89752.html
Last edited by 5690 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
sanctuary

Post by sanctuary »

You made a very good compact layout there, well done. I look forward to seeing it progress.
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

Post by 5690 »

sanctuary wrote:You made a very good compact layout there, well done. I look forward to seeing it progress.
Thankyou very much :D!
suchahampal

Post by suchahampal »

Looking great! :D 8)

Post by 5690 »

suchahampal wrote:Looking great! :D 8)
Thanks mate!
suchahampal

Post by suchahampal »

The Castleton Circular
Did you base it on 'Castleton' at the peak district?

Post by 5690 »

suchahampal wrote:
The Castleton Circular
Did you base it on 'Castleton' at the peak district?
Nope, I live in Castleton in Rochdale, Lancashire and just used the name of my home village as a name for the layout.
westbrom

Post by westbrom »

Looking good 5690.

Neil
Spavo

Post by Spavo »

That's a really good start there, nice neat track laying and a really selection of rolling stock, keep up the good work.

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi 5690

Look forward to seeing your layout's character develop now that you have made a good solid start :)

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Post by 5690 »

Thankyou all for the very nice comments :D! Tacking the layout down is taking up alot of time at the moment, and aswel as my Virgin HST I am hoping to obtain an Inter-City Swallow livery HST as that is how I remember them. Hopefuly a BR Blue class 40 with central headcode and a Jubilee (if anybody knows where I can get Leander in LMS Crimson Lake livery let me know). On top of that does anybody know any good places to obtain industrial buildings like mills with large chimneys and large 1960s tower blocks?
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Welcome aboard

You look to have a good start with your layout

Lofty

Post by 5690 »

Thanks guys! I'm having a bit of trouble with ballasting, and have looked at the tips on the home page of this site but still find it hard, does anybody have any pointers?

Post by 5690 »

Just a little update to say the name has been changed to Atkinston (after my last name, Atkinson) and that in April I will obtain a Black 5, 4F and 3 MK1 coaches. The cardboard stations are currently being built and a bridge is being planned, photos to follow shortly.
random man

Post by random man »

how does the HST handle 1st rad curves? and is your scotty the 4-6-0 like mine or the 4-6-2 that everyone seems to have? the carriages look similar to mine, where did you get them from?
Here's one i broke earlier...

http://www.scalescenes.com - cardboard kits
http://xs.to - free image hosting
my layout