Tosh's loft layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
briantwigley

Re: Tosh's loft layout

Post by briantwigley »

Very impressive fleet. That chimney looks like an absolute pain! I cant imagine how you would rescue a derailed loco... :shock:

Looking forward to seeing more of this!

Ryan
B McG

Post by B McG »

I can guess how he feels about the chimney considering I had to build mine around an internal archway! :roll:
Tosh

Post by Tosh »

Ive got two circuits of track layed and a fair bit of the depot area,awaiting the delivery of some more points to be able to continue in the station area etc
The chimney is a right pain but that should be less so when i get some point motors installed but that wont be for a while yet.
Some houses on the street have only one chimney in the middle but some have two chimneys like ours,we could have had a house with just the one chimney but swmbo decided she liked this one better :roll:
Photos to follow :wink:
Beer,making ugly women look beautiful for thousands of years.....
B McG

Post by B McG »

You could always tunnel through the chimeys using aluminium tubing (AKA heat shield) to protect the track inside :lol:

I'm working on a twin track tailchaser with a large terminus. Just getting to the stage where the track laying is nearly done across 3.5 levels....
A picture of the archway that posed a bit of a challenge:-
SNC01067sm.JPG
SNC01067sm.JPG (55.51 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
(Apologies for the work in progress mess!
Tosh

Post by Tosh »

Need the permanent way gang in to do some track repairs due to buckling in the recent heatwave :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Image001.jpg
Image001.jpg (86.59 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
Beer,making ugly women look beautiful for thousands of years.....