Clifton 009 Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
olliereading1123

Re: Clifton 009 Layout

Post by olliereading1123 »

sound like an interesting idea, can't wait to see it
Bespoke layout construction and design, http://thefiddleyard.webs.com/
santene

Post by santene »

if theres any mines in the festignog (not sure how to spell) railway im going in october i could get some pics if you want?
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy
redline41190

Post by redline41190 »

santene wrote:festignog (not sure how to spell) railway
Ffestiniog Railway

Have to help :P :wink:
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

Thanks Santene :D

Yes there's loads of slate at the Blaenau end of the line. There's a museum, tour etc.

Any pictures would be appreciated. I can't confirm that I can accurately recreate them though :wink:
santene

Post by santene »

Clifton009 wrote:Thanks Santene :D

Yes there's loads of slate at the Blaenau end of the line. There's a museum, tour etc.

Any pictures would be appreciated. I can't confirm that I can accurately recreate them though :wink:

It'll give you some idea's though recomend any other things i should see?
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

santene wrote:
Clifton009 wrote:Thanks Santene :D

It'll give you some idea's though recomend any other things i should see?
Not sure what else is in the area. I went to the slate mines years ago. The last few times we have been we parked at Blaenau and got the train to Porthmadog. With the journey each way to Blaenau, the train journey & a couple of hours in Porthmadog that's the day gone!
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

It's been a while since I have updated. Been on hols and had some decorating to do (Not finished yet!). Then when I got round to doing this update Photobucket seemed to fall out with my Internet Explorer 7!! Not sure what the problem is, don't want to mess about & break something so I have downloaded Firefox, which is working fine :D

Update......Gardens taking shape

Here are some photos of the gardens so far:

I have also done some work on the weigh bridge areas. Photos to follow soon.

Work has now begun on board 2. I have decided to start a new thread tonight for this.
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi Jason

I realise you've now moved onto 'Phase II' so to speak, but I wanted to say how damned lovely this wee project has turned out. I can remember the early stages well and the development of the different sections (I'm so glad you opted for the memorial BTW: it looks bloody ace now ;) ) and to see the 'finished' (yeah I know, it isn't really finished ;) ) article is as admirable as it is eye-catching

Well done fella and heres to 'Phase II' being every bit as good ;)

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

Infrontcat wrote:Hi Jason

I realise you've now moved onto 'Phase II' so to speak, but I wanted to say how damned lovely this wee project has turned out. I can remember the early stages well and the development of the different sections (I'm so glad you opted for the memorial BTW: it looks bloody ace now ;) ) and to see the 'finished' (yeah I know, it isn't really finished ;) ) article is as admirable as it is eye-catching

Well done fella and heres to 'Phase II' being every bit as good ;)

cheers

Tim
Thanks for the nice comments Tim.

I agree re the memorial. The chain fence was a bit fiddly & took a while, but it was time well spent.

As you rightly say board 1 is not quite finished yet, so the updates will continue along side board 2's. I just fancied starting board 2!!
Class 66

Post by Class 66 »

I like your use of the Metcalfe Kits. Very good touch which makes it all look great.

And as other members have already said the war memorial is a truely great feature

All in all you must be very proud. It's a great layout :)
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

Class 66 wrote:I like your use of the Metcalfe Kits. Very good touch which makes it all look great.

And as other members have already said the war memorial is a truely great feature

All in all you must be very proud. It's a great layout :)
Thanks Class 66.

I find the Metcalfe kits are very good quality & easy to assemble. I just need to add some gutters and down pipes to them.
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

Update......Weigh Bridge area completed

Here are a couple of pictures of the completed Weigh Bridge area:

This scene was a nice little filler for some space left next to the goods yard. Ideal for vehicles leaving the goods yard & timber yard.
beerandpies

Post by beerandpies »

One of my favourite layouts! Though I haven't commented before now I've been following it for some time. I love these layouts with so much attention to detail. You could spend hours looking at it and never get tired.

Kind of wishing I'd attempted this gauge now. Great mix of compact space requirements and ultimate detail.

You've also made me reconsider how I have my railway cottages laid out on my layout. Mine are laid out like modern plots with huge gardens and I think this would be unlikely in reality.
cheers, Mark.
Scragg End
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

Hi
I agree a cracking layout. Have you got any vids of trains running? I would love to see that
Michael
Clifton009

Post by Clifton009 »

Thanks for the comments.

I enjoy adding the little details. I don't want to complete the layout too quickly as I enjoy the construction more than running the trains! Still more to add to board 1 yet :D

I don't have any videos of the trains running. I think my digital camera may do a short video clip. I will check.