Hello everyone.

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
NorthBritish

Hello everyone.

Post by NorthBritish »

Hello everybody,

My name is Simon & I thought I would say hello before I post on the forums. I'm interested in pre grouping railways particularly the North British railway. I've been away from modelling for a while as my day job has been demanding, thankfully I am getting a balance & can start to modelling once again.
I model in 0 gauge as the scale is reasonably well supported for North British railway items. I'm also going to scratch build a few locos as no kit is available. Hopefully I can share my works with you on the forum.

I am looking forward to joining in.

Simon
Dad-1

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by Dad-1 »

Good Evening Simon,

Welcome aboard.
A Work - Life balance is quite important, O.K I'm a rebel and once told a boss that I was too busy outside
work to be interested in my career !!

'O' gauge is good, but you need space, the one thing that most of us struggle with.
Interesting that you intend to build some locos yourself. I've built loads of wagons, but in '00'
which has been my choice for so many reasons.

Hope you find any support & help you may need within our various threads & sections.

Geoff T.
Phred

Post by Phred »

NorthBritish wrote:
Hopefully I can share my works with you on the forum.
Welcome, Simon. :)
I look forward to following your scratch build threads.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Welcome on board, Simon.
Have you heard of the North British Railway Study Group?

https://www.nbrstudygroup.co.uk/

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
NorthBritish

Post by NorthBritish »

Thanks gents.

I'm not new to loco construction, I've built plenty over the years both for myself & others.

Glencairn I am a paid up member of the north british study group. It's a good group with lots of information available.

Regards

Simon
Lancastrian

Post by Lancastrian »

Hi NorthBritish

Can I also welcome you to the forum. I am sure you will find it helpful when needed but most importantly friendly. I am almost past building anything now but I do admire those who can scratch build.
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

NorthBritish wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:49 pm ...I'm interested in pre grouping railways particularly the North British railway...
Fine subject choice, very handsome school of loco design. All the best with it!
f2k7v3n9

Post by f2k7v3n9 »

Hi Simon
I'm also new here and excited to dive into the world of pre-grouping railways, particularly focusing on the North British Railway. Hoping to learn a lot and find some great resources