Wiring Peco SL-E91 & 92 points.

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
Rich123

Wiring Peco SL-E91 & 92 points.

Post by Rich123 »

I am constructing a layout at my club and because of the small amount of space I have available I am using Peco SL-E91 & 92 small radius points. I have encountered a problem when wiring the points for DCC.

The larger radius points have gaps so that wires can be soldered onto the rails, connecting the blades to the stock rail. However, the SL-E91 & 92 do not have gaps. I contacted the Peco Tech Team and was advised that I could solder wires to the outside of the appropriate rails with the wires passing underneath, but this will be complicated and not look too good. The Tech Team person advised me not to cut out gaps in the sleeper webbing as this would affect the construction of the point. I think there is one place in the webbing that could be cut but before I try it out has anybody had the same problem and were they able to overcome it?
Richard08

Re: Wiring Peco SL-E91 & 92 points.

Post by Richard08 »

A bit last resort, but maybe some gaffer tape on the bottom of the sleepers surrounding the bit of webbing you want to cut will hold things sufficiently.
Dad-1

Re: Wiring Peco SL-E91 & 92 points.

Post by Dad-1 »

So you're bonding your stock rails to the switch rails ?
Another way would be to take droppers from the 'Cut' small wire link down through
the base board and attach to the main track bus ? MAKE certain no contact can be
made to the frog ends.
The stock rails can have wires soldered where the supporting frame for sleepers
is split and you can see the stock rail underside. A tight space, but with the right
soldering iron easy enough.
The idea of 'Bonding' is to have continuous power feeds, as above will give.

Geoff T.