Accurascale Class 30/31 announcement

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
boxbrownie

Accurascale Class 30/31 announcement

Post by boxbrownie »

Did ya see it? Did ya?

Orders are in and I can’t wait now……no more mazak rubbish!
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.
Bigmet

Re: Accurascale Class 30/31 announcement

Post by Bigmet »

Welcome news, and Accurascale have a large choice of livery schemes to apply to this 'old-timer'. But for me, it will only be the simple green of BR's original class 30 with the Mirrlees engines.
boxbrownie

Post by boxbrownie »

Bigmet wrote:Welcome news, and Accurascale have a large choice of livery schemes to apply to this 'old-timer'. But for me, it will only be the simple green of BR's original class 30 with the Mirrlees engines.
Unfortunately the class 3D is presently not available with the sound option as there is no working Loco with the original engine, but I asked and if a sound file becomes available which is good enough AS will make it an option.

I want one as well :D
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.
Boksonay

Post by Boksonay »

boxbrownie wrote:
Bigmet wrote:Welcome news, and Accurascale have a large choice of livery schemes to apply to this 'old-timer'. But for me, it will only be the simple green of BR's original class 30 with the Mirrlees engines.
Unfortunately the class 3D is presently not available with the sound option as there is no working Loco with the original engine, but I asked and if a sound file becomes available which is good enough AS will make it an option.

I want one as well :D
We are working on some options, hopefully we'll make progress. If we fail, the DCC ready version will come with all the speakers, etc on board, ready fro a drop in sound chip should you wish.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

I definitely will have heard Mirrlees engined Brush 2s on KX sub turns in my youth, but wasn't paying specific attention. I'll say confidently there was no really distinctive sound; the three 'memorables' that stick in my mind from that time are the unmistakeable Deltic and 'Baby Deltic', and the pull away and gear changes of the Cravens DMU, class 105. All the other diesels were just a mush of 'rumble rumble' (mostly TOPS classes 21/26/40/45/47 in addition to those already mentioned).
SRman

Post by SRman »

I have the Howes' Mirrlees sound in one of my Hornby models. Bryan (of Howes) took up the challenge after my comment about such sound not being available (or even likely to be). He worked from some archive footage which was too poor to actually use, ending up slowing down and altering sounds recorded from one of the Mirrlees powered 37/9 locos. It is acknowledged as being as close as could be achieved at the time, and I, for one, am happy with it. Bear in mind that it was done many years ago and is on an ESU v3.5 decoder, and my video footage is equally old (that layout was dismantled at the end of 2009), but you may get an idea of what Bryan came up with here.

https://youtu.be/pDWDV02pm5s
boxbrownie

Post by boxbrownie »

That’s different enough for me, no issues there. Actually a very acceptable result considering.
Best regards David

Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Credibly representative of what the early diesels sounded like, apart from the trio that were 'distinctively different' on my patch.