N gauge options.

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Johnmay

N gauge options.

Post by Johnmay »

Hello all
I have a large layout I’d like to replicate but in my current OO I simply don’t have the space available. So I’m considering moving to N gauge, and was wondering if anyone had any spare track etc for sale. I don’t want to spend too much cash at this stage as it will just be basically seeing how I get on with the smaller parts. Condition isn’t overly important either at this stage.
Many thanks.
Bigmet

Re: N gauge options.

Post by Bigmet »

I would suggest you will be better taking a punt on new kit for a try out. Fact is that N gauge takes more attention to mechanical detail than OO for equivalent running quality, and you don't want to be frustrated with items that aren't in good condition. (I can slap down 4mm track 'just like that', flexitrack system and/or soldered construction, and achieve really reliable running. Took me a lot more effort to get equally good running results from an N gauge flexitrack system, and that was before my 'variable astigmatism' problem really kicked in. Wouldn't even attempt it now.)
Johnmay

Re: N gauge options.

Post by Johnmay »

Thanks for your observations.