Hornby's new child friendly train sets

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
End2end

Hornby's new child friendly train sets

Post by End2end »

Just got an email this morning from Hornby about their new children's train sets.
https://uk.hornby.com/catalogue/collect ... Lf4P0BV_4A

There is a video at the bottom of the page to see the actual product.
Personally I think it looks like a good idea. (As opposed to my usual love / hate relationship with Hornby :lol: )
Easy to assemble track and rolling stock coupled by magnets instead of fiddly couplers and it's remote controlled rather than the Paddington set where the buttons are on the actual loco itself.

Thanks
End2end
Last edited by End2end on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Mountain

Re: Hornby's new child friendly train sets

Post by Mountain »

I think its a brilliant idea, and prices are just about right. I did try clicking on the "Click here for Playtrains Portal" but it did not work so I am guessing it will work at a later date. They will need to (And from what I gather they will) sell additional track. It is an excellent concept and idea. I am sure all going well, that they will do well and I wish them every success in the venture.

To sum up. An excellently designed product at an attractive price.
End2end

Post by End2end »

Just a shame that they are not released till Summer as I've got 2 young birthdays within the next 2 months and I know they would love one of these each. :D
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Someone

Post by Someone »

End2end wrote:Just got an email this morning from Hornby about their new children's train sets.
https://uk.hornby.com/catalogue/collect ... Lf4P0BV_4A

There is a video at the bottom of the page to see the actual product.
Personally I think it looks like a good idea. (As opposed to my usual love / hate relationship with Hornby :lol: )
Easy to assemble track and rolling stock coupled by magnets instead of fiddly couplers and it's remote controlled rather than the Paddington set where the buttons are on the actual loco itself.

Thanks
End2end
I don't think they run well on standard 00 gauge layouts, especially with standard Hornby and other brands of 00 buildings, it's good for young kids but as they get older they lose interest and it becomes a plastic deadweight.

It's a good idea but could do with some improvements.

If someone has more knowledge about running it on 00 track please correct me.
Someone is stealing wheels from Police cars, The Authorities are working tirelessly to catch them.