Gaugemaster Unity Layout Control System

Have you stumbled upon something really cool and new in model railway. Share it with us.
End2end

Gaugemaster Unity Layout Control System

Post by End2end »

I stumbled upon this, this evening and thought I'd share it as I haven't heard of it before.
Gaugemaster Unity Layout Control System - https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/magen ... unity.html
I don't know how old the article is.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Bufferstop

Re: Gaugemaster Unity Layout Control System

Post by Bufferstop »

From a search of their site I'd say that was last November and it's early on in development!
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

They certainly don't want to see any speculation about it, the links to that blog are about all I can find. It's starting to look like "vapourware" It will be a shame if it is. The number of people who use DCC for loco control but prefer a physical panel for signalling and route setting would stretch the potential sales beyond just dyed in the wool DC fans. The inclusion of a blank module with just power socket and an un populated connection panel and a blank replaceable fascia would help keep a foothold in both camps.
gppsoftware

Post by gppsoftware »

Seems to me that they are still flogging the DC horse to get a bit more 'mileage' out of it.

If you are going to spend that kind of money on a setup, why would you stop half-way with all the limitations of a DC offering ? Why wouldn't you go the full distance and do it with DCC and get all the benefits DCC has to offer instead of trying to mimic them (unsuccessfully) with DC ?
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

They aren't trying to mimic DCC, just a real life power signalling panel. If you want levers and press buttons for input might as well skip the interface, the accessory decoders, and join the two sets of wires together.