the final leg ???

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
rejrob

the final leg ???

Post by rejrob »

Hi all,is it me???or do I get the impression its blxxxy hot,either way its too hot to enter the loft layout.At long last the hastings 6L is mechanically finished and just the numbering to do.First things first is to thank all those who supplied the parts necessary to complete a very long standing wish.Bachmann europe,branchlines,hattons,roxey mouldings,worsley works,and eileens emporium,not forgetting my local railway shop in Eastbourne.It will be 1018 when numbered(No roof conduits)hehe which was I believe one of two units running the last day service for the thumpers,the others all being withdrawn.At the moment its on the kitchen table,i just eat breakfast around it,When the camera batteries are charged I,ll upload some picci,s.Photobucket bless em,have sent me an E mail saying my uploading and forwarding can continue free??????? for the time being.I think tis time to invest in some widgets and have a separate source of storing.Next will be the PDK W class 2-6-4 tank ,still awaiting its valve gear,then the D&S horse boxes which have laid abandoned for the last couple of years.They all may be finished by the time I,m 100.Anyway thats all for now.I wish everyone health and happy and good modelling All the best Ron
Attachments
image.png
image.png (739 Bytes) Viewed 1859 times
Mountain

Re: the final leg ???

Post by Mountain »

The picture does not work for me. Am looking forward when you are able to show more pictures.
You are right. It has been so hot that I almost took one of my vests off.
I decided to make a small portable layout as I thought it would be quick, but then I decided to build things myself to save cost so it takes a bit longer then I'd planned.. Actually am working on it today as I'm sanding down the board where the join is so I can bring the gap of the rails a slight bit closer together. It will probably work OK as it is but I dont want to chance it and be embarrassed at a later date if I've not made the adjustments.
rejrob

Post by rejrob »

Hi all,and oh for the rain.Strange but we moan when it rains and now when it does,nt.Proves one thing,nature is the guvnor?? :.Well the 6L is completely finished albeit I had 3 different couplings before the right one??Started off with bachmann short NEM,s,thenkaydee and finally thin brass strip 3 mm wide with elongated holes each end to allow movement on the slightly tighter curves.Then I discovered that the connecting corridors,made of formed rubber,were not sliding sideways on curves but catching GRRR.Solution a rectangle of 10thou clear plastic glued to each face of the bellows.Inobtrusive and works like a dream so one 6L going round the layout like the clappers (figuretivly speaking )Must charge the batteries on the camera and attach some picci,s Happy days are here again,for the railway at least when I can get up in the loft and not fry?? :o My main concern at the moment is that my guvnor,bless her has a slight problem we can overcome soon.She does come first and then the W class All the best Ron
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Come and live in Scotland, Loft is reasonably cool, I have been up every night this week without discomfort! :D

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Buggleskelly

Post by Buggleskelly »

luckymucklebackit wrote:Come and live in Scotland, Loft is reasonably cool, I have been up every night this week without discomfort! :D

Jim
Was wondering how you were coping in your loft. There isn't a cool surface anywhere down south.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Even my semi basement room gets a bit warm in the evenings when its double french windows face straight into the sun! Time for a bit of armchair modelling.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
rejrob

Post by rejrob »

Hi all and firstly can I say thank you for the invites to move to Scotland.It is a lovely country and truly back in the 1600,s my ancestors came from Caithness (Clan Gunn) then worked their way down through Yorkshire to London and kent.Not many of them had lofts???hehe.Carrying on with the Bulleid theme (Rebuilt) 34001 and 34004 have now been joined by 34003.Hattons had one advertised for #103 non-worker.Arrived where it was cleaned,the gear train checked along with the electrics and oiled Back on track works perfectly,happy days?Must see if I can get hold of some wren 6 wheel tanker chassis and put my later hornby tankers on.The heavier chassis beats the hornby one.Piccis being worked on.Cheers all Ron