Model store in South West London

What do you want from a model railway shop?
413x

Model store in South West London

Post by 413x »

Dear all, just to let everyone know that the Bentalls toy department in kingston upon thames, south west london has recently reintroduced the hobby department after the loss of the hornby concession. Now stocking a wide range of Hornby, Bachmann, LGB, Woodland Scenics, Tamiya, Carrera, Scaletric, Revell rc and build kits, as well as airfix.
The department re opened in April 2017 and the team are slowly expanding the range available, myself I was the train guy up until recently when i left the store for new adventures. The team are knowledgable and are eager to learn from customers and suppliers.
we stock several starter kits in hornby, a small range of locomotives, and a choice of carriages and wagons.
Bachmann has a large selection of locomotives, featuring 45 different locos of steam, diesel and electric as well as some of their sets. and strong choice of wagons, carriages and scenic items are also available.
we have competive pricing and staff will do their best to help with anything.

regards
Alex
End2end

Re: Model store in South West London

Post by End2end »

Not sure of thier stock levels but there is also 2 Bentalls in East Grinstead near the Bluebell Railway if anyone is passing.
They have 2 shops in the town. One, the larger department store within a shopping arcade and the 2nd on the high street slightly further north on the other side of the high street.
Not sure which shop holds the train stock as they have not long opened the high street shop.
I actually thought the department store had shut after seeing the newer high street shop but I dont think this is the case, just expansion.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Mountain

Re: Model store in South West London

Post by Mountain »

How many model railway stores are there in London as it seems like they have a few there?