Bachmann Branch Line Shunters Wagon.

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

BRPannierTank

Bachmann Branch Line Shunters Wagon.

Post by BRPannierTank »

My layout is going to be mostly about goods wagons and shunting with just a few passenger trains, a small Pannier tank and two coaches will depart the station then after that it will be served by a railcar and an Auto Trailer/coach.

I spotted a lovely model of a shunters wagon on the internet, well two to be precise, one by Hornby and one by Bachmann. Both looked very nice! I decided on the Bachmann version because she has 'Loco Department' on her and my lay out is a fictional one named 'Kingswood'.

I have to say that this is a very well detailed little wagon and even comes with a pack of add on extras for the finishing touch!

I have converted the coupling hooks to the type I am using on all of my goods rolling stock, did a bit of extra weathering, added the lamps, irons etc that came with her, then converted a seating passenger to look like a work man/shunter man.

Pictures show her coupled to my passenger engine (hence the position of the lamp) I have a Heljan 1363 and a Heljan 1366 for shunting duties but they are currently being weathered.

Bufferstop

Re: Bachmann Branch Line Shunters Wagon.

Post by Bufferstop »

Your shunter sitting on the wagon is probably a good compromise, as I never seen a model of a shunter in the most common pose, standing on the bottom foot board, one hand holding on, the other holding a flag. One would also go well on the inset steps behind the deep buffer beam of some diesels
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions