Lms coaches

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
dubbleojon

Lms coaches

Post by dubbleojon »

To introduce some variety in colour to my locos plus the fact it looks gorgeous I am getting very tempted by the bachmann crimson lake patriot that is on offer at rails.

The question is what coaching stock should I pair with it? Have got some carmine and cream mk1's but think they are too late in era?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, especially if they are available rtr and on special offer :D
Bigmet

Re: Lms coaches

Post by Bigmet »

If it is in red LMS livery that pretty much fixes you in the pre WWII big four period. Hornby's Stanier coaches in LMS livery the natural fit, no idea what is available or if on offer, and Bachmann have some earlier LMS design coaches. It could be on an interregional service of course. The LMS shared a long, long border with the LNER, so there was a lot of exchange East-West, thus you can have Gresley teak stock appearing. Through services to points South and West would have brought GWR and SR coaches onto the LMS also, the Maunsell and Collett types probably most suitable. (There isn't the choice in RTR coaches to make fully authentic formations, so they have to be 'representative'.)
luckymucklebackit

Re: Lms coaches

Post by luckymucklebackit »

You could always renumber it as 5551 "The Unknown Warrior" for modern image running, the prototype should be on the main line by the end of next year, you can bet your mortgage that Bachmann will do a model version! The nameplate set can be obtained from the project website http://www.lms-patriot.org.uk/00-gauge-name-plate-set

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge