February 2015 forum competition

Vote and comment on New Railway Modellers Competitions.
Alex3410

February 2015 forum competition

Post by Alex3410 »

Hi all, this is the 'official' / master thread for the February competition, the topics have been voted on and the winning one was:

Model build
Users will need to build a model, this can be of any topic you want (not limited to trains) and any method you want - scratch, plastic kit etc etc

If you would like to take part please post here, the competition will be running all during February and you can start at any point during the month (no extra time will be given for late entries). Anyone can take part even if you have not voted - the more people the better so now is the time to dig out that kit you have been thinking about doing! With the competition running during February there is still time to gather any resources etc needed but by all means create an intodcution post etc to get the ball rolling.

If you would like to take part please post here with a link to a thread that will be home to your updates on your project (i will make an 'index' here for everyone taking part).

The rules:
1)Users must post an introduction post showing where they are starting from
2)Users must post a final post at the end (even if its unfinished as its still interesting to see)
3)Users can enter at any point up until the closing date (no extra time given)
4)Total cost of the project should be listed inc whats been used
5)Minimum of weekly updates (general rule but keeping people updated is likely to get you more votes rather then simply ta da post at the end :wink: )
6)At the end of the month entrants will post a final post in their threads and PM me to let me know they are done, I will then post here with a list of entries for people to vote on (via PM) before a winner is chosen.

and finally
7)Its just a bit of fun so please remember this

Note: this is run by forum members as a bit of fun and there is no prize
Last edited by Admin4 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
skyblue

Re: February forum competition

Post by skyblue »

Having said that I can't participate...I may be able to if I build one of the excellent Wordsworth range of kits as they need very little in the way of materials and I have access to a good printer. Do I get bonus points for building the entire kit with a Swiss Army knife and a tube of glue? :wink:
Alex3410

Post by Alex3410 »

'Bear Grylls' extreme survival modelling :lol:

The idea with everyone posting updates etc in their own threads is voters can see how you have built it and can vote accordingly so chances are yes you would :D
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Alex

Shouldn't this be in the dedicated Competition section ?
Not that I've read how the others in there ran, but I can't see any individuals own thread of
their project & progress. I do fear such threads may get 'lost' in this part, although this is
I suppose exactly the place for each individual project.

Geoff T.
Alex3410

Post by Alex3410 »

I will be honest i didn't even know we had a competition section :lol:

If an admin wants to move it please feel free, I would like to keep the idea of everyone having their own threads to keep this one 'tidy' but also to encourage people to post updates so we can all follow the progress but happy to do it however people prefer :)

I can create an 'index' here linking to everyones threads
Dad-1

Re: February 2015 forum competition

Post by Dad-1 »

Hi Alex,

I have moved into the competitions section.

Best if you do a link to each individuals 'build' which should be in the kit building section.

Then as we get to the judging stage, another thread here for say 3 pictures of each
individuals work at close for judging.

By keeping here we have an easily locoated record of challenges and competitions. I
mean you can check out the 2007 version !! Think how that would be 'lost' in the other
section, never to be seen again !!

Geoff T.
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

When we were voting I said I'd probably not do anything other than the wagon build
which was option 2. However with Alex going for option 5 there is no reason at all for
not taking part, if necessary with that wagon kit which is already in my stock.

I may just be difficult, I see in Alex's illustrated heading he has no aircraft !! With
nigh on 400 unmade aircraft kits in my loft I may, just may, do an aircraft. All I can
say to those who expressed an interest is, please try to support this initiative. Alex is
prepared to do the work and drive along & I would like to see as many finished projects
as possible.

Now to open a thread in 'Kits' - even if I don't know what I'm doing yet, at least I have
a week to think about it !!

Geoff T.
Alex3410

Post by Alex3410 »

Thank you for moving it :)

The graphic was a quick 5 minute job with the first images that popped up on google :lol: but by all means aircraft, tanks etc etc are more then welcome. I still don't know what i am going to do at the moment its a toss up between sherman tanks to use as loads or a 1:48 B17 but will probably change my mind countless times before I start.

Suggestion of 3 images in a 'voting' thread is ideal gives the best of both - a record to look back at and a log of the project during the build.

I have to say the option selected works well as it covers the others and more! so please feel free to build a wagon or scratch build a building its going to be interesting to see what people choose to do and how they develop.
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

I'm currently going through the difficult process of trying to remember what space I have left on my layout and how large that space is in order to decide what kit to build!

Alex - your suggestion that I should brand my entry as 'Survival Modelling' is a good one!
Alex3410

Post by Alex3410 »

Index updated

PM me a link to your thread if your entering and i will add you to the list
mattmay05

Post by mattmay05 »

I'll think about it, depends on what Is finished first... but sadly don't post here much now so I may not enter or get round to updating topics.
- Youtube/bluebellModelrailway
- https://railway-modeller-mw.weebly.com/
- VECTIS 3D: mademe.co.uk/shop/vectis-3d-models/
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

Index updated

6 people taking part so far :D
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

alex3410 wrote:Index updated

6 people taking part so far :D
You don't have a link for Terrier...
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

SHENANIGANS!!! :evil: :lol: :lol:

it's no problem, I've not started anything yet, so it would just be like the most disappointing link ever so far :D

Chris P