Waterlooville Model Centre now in Pompey!

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Terrier

Waterlooville Model Centre now in Pompey!

Post by Terrier »

Good news sometimes follows sad news, back during the summer, Waterlooville Model Centre in Waterlooville, Hampshire (north of Portsmouth) closed after the ridiculously expensive lease ran it's course, Paul, life long owner of the store has opened again in Commercial Road, Portsmouth, bigger and better, for those who know Pompey, it's at the Argos end of Commercial Road, and i expect many locals have already discovered it and Paul, a very helpful chap on all aspects of modelling is there, bright and breezy as per usual! With Modelzone finally closing there a year or more ago, it is refreshing to see another well established model shop, still called Waterlooville Model Centre, present in the heart of Pompey. :D
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG (177.23 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
Chris P
js1975

Re: Waterlooville Model Centre now in Pompey!

Post by js1975 »

Nice looking frontage. Worth a trip then?
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Definately chap (I'm not on the payroll, honest!) :D

The key to a great model shop, apart from being nicely stocked up (I go by rating how much, if there was a nuclear holocaust, i would like to be locked into any particular model emporium) but the chap who owns it is a pretty knowledgeable, and will order stuff if it's not on the shelf or 'out back' etc. He's also a good supporter of local model clubs (local to Waterlooville as was)

So yep, I can heartily recommend a visit. :)

Here's a map, Portsmouth & Southsea Railway Station is situated to the south and there's masses of parking nearby and regular buses. Only downside for me is that it's pretty busy there, but that's just me not being to great with massed herds of brain dead shoppers :D
35.jpg
35.jpg (174.22 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
Chris P
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Good news for once Chris. Do him a favour, nip across to the UKMODELSHOPS.co.uk site and report the good news, if you give them a telephone number they (Adrian, who is UKMODELSHOPS) will get the details and list him at his new address.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Sounds like a thoroughly top level plan John, I will speak to Paul next time I am at the shop and give him the details there, won't be too long me thinks! :D

Chris P
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Lady G knows the way to Southampton too well, no chance of getting 'lost' :D

Shall have to 'pop round' before coming home.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought