Bill´s Railway World

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

skyblue

Re: Bill´s Railway World

Post by skyblue »

That's an impressive collection - and it neatly shows the changing face of model railway's over the years.
William Medland

Post by William Medland »

Thanks for the comments.......two years ago this was just an idea, a "what if" really, laying in bed one Sunday and remembering the rolling stock I had as a youngster.
I do firmly believe in general, that to be credible railway modellers, we need to at least understand the working
principles of the real life railway, even if we are unable to put them into practice in a model form.
William Medland

Hi Forum, I have not been active on the forum for the last 18 months or so, but I have been busy with my layout.
It has been an almost total rebuild and a new 4 foot by 8 foot section has been added to the existing space.

This was because my son moved out to go to university and I was able to move a lot of things (including the computer)
into his old room, this allowed for a total rebuild and rethink. A lot of railway items have been sold or exchanged over the
last year and a lot more Triang and Hornby items have been added.
Sorting cables with my little helper
Sorting cables with my little helper
R27.JPG (188.29 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
The space added to the layout, I have come much further since this was taken
The space added to the layout, I have come much further since this was taken
R28.JPG (200.05 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
Cheers, Bill.
I do firmly believe in general, that to be credible railway modellers, we need to at least understand the working
principles of the real life railway, even if we are unable to put them into practice in a model form.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Nice to hear from you Bill, and to see your layout's latest incarnation. We'll forgive you the long wait. This time :wink:
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
William Medland

Thanks John, gave my computer a tidy up and stumbled onto the forum link and thought,
I have not been there for a while, they will be wondering what happened. :D