Bill´s Railway World

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

William Medland

Bill´s Railway World

Post by William Medland »

Bill´s Railway World

Now that I have at last finished my Layout, I qualify to start a photo thread here.
I have both Britísh and German rolling stock.... but my first picture is of the "Rocket".

I do firmly believe in general, that to be credible railway modellers, we need to at least understand the working
principles of the real life railway, even if we are unable to put them into practice in a model form.
William Medland

Re: Bill´s Railway World

I do firmly believe in general, that to be credible railway modellers, we need to at least understand the working
principles of the real life railway, even if we are unable to put them into practice in a model form.
William Medland

Here is a link to my first youtube model railway film............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySXux_J ... re=mh_lolz
Buggleskelly

Post by Buggleskelly »

Good video Bill. I'm still amazed at how quickly you got all this together. Even a turntable !

Martin
William Medland

My target was 14th August, as that is the date my mother is coming over to Germany for a visit, at 76 it may be her last foreign trip.

That I managed within five weeks, was a surprise to myself....but I was putting in 3 hours each working day and 12 hours on my days off.

I have one or two minor problems to solve still. A loco Tender derails on one of the points, trying to find a reason why at the moment.

I have done another film, showing some of the operations and with commentary.........let me know what you think....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBiMMX6CC8M or Google "GWR County of Denbigh".

Cheers, Bill.
Buggleskelly

Post by Buggleskelly »

Very well made, plenty of information and detail, with enough content for the length of the video. A natural film producer.
I like your control panel, seems a lot more interesting than just pressing programmable buttons !

Not that you need any inspiration, but this lady also produces her own videos, some of which I think you might find interesting.

Martin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rHx9T0c ... UBbE0F_sTo
Last edited by Buggleskelly on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
William Medland

RubyRubyRuby

Post by RubyRubyRuby »

Cat junction .all services cancelled due to a giant cat on the line.
William Medland

North Cornwall´s Wadebridge Station 1935

Robuk1981

Post by Robuk1981 »

Is that the same cat that took down the BT tower in the 70s?
William Medland

The four cats are a constant problem, they do understand that they are not allowed there,
because when I enter the room they storm out :lol:
William Medland

Since my last post some major changes have taken place. I have sold off all of my German rolling stock and with the proceeds I have purchased
Triang items from the 1950s. I have added a second layer to my layout. The bottom one is Hornby products from the 1970s and the upper level
is Triang 1950s......

Building the higher second level

Repairing old Triang standard track

Laying the track on the 1950s layout.

My lucky day! a 1956 Triang 08 Diesel, which looks as if it has never been run. Purchased in Germany for only £5

Cheers, Bill.
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

Wow, I've never even seen that sort of track, let alone seen anyone run stuff on it, I will be interested to see what happens with this!
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
William Medland

I will make a video of it when the track is screwed down and running. This was the track I used as a boy in the early 1960s.

I decided to collect older Triang Locos from the early years, 1952 to 1964. However, I felt putting them behind glass makes it into a dead collection.
I need to see them "living", I need to hear the loud noise of the old locos and smell the oil as they thunder passed..... I am just an old romantic at heart.

Cheers, Bill.
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

flying scotsman123 wrote:Wow, I've never even seen that sort of track, let alone seen anyone run stuff on it, I will be interested to see what happens with this!
That looks like Tri-ang "Standard Track" as it was originally known, http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/OONew/TrackSCat.htm it was replaced by "Series 3" Track in 1958, and in turn by "Super 4" in 1962's. The present Hornby branded range was introduced as "System 6" track in 1970, interesting article on that subject (which finally explained to me why there was no Series 5 track) here http://www.mremag.com/news/article/system-6-track/12464

Sorry to hijack thread.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge