Poolston & Worksop Fictional OO NSE Garden Railway

Discussion on OO, and O gauge garden model railway design and construction. (scenery, track laying, electronics)
littleimp

Poolston & Worksop Fictional OO NSE Garden Railway

Post by littleimp »

This was a long, long time in the plannning/dreaming stage lol but I've finally started.

Here's the general layout. Basically the 20x8 workshop will have a 2ft wide U shape along side & rear walls and then exit the shed, run a long the wall at 12-18" wide, past the pool, round the bend and then back again.

Workshop's built, just got to clear old shed away, move pool round, landscape & create external baseboards. Will post info & pics as i go along but it will take some time.

littleimp

Re: Poolston & Worksop Fictional OO NSE Garden Railway

Post by littleimp »

I fly FPV model aircraft too so one half of the workshop will be dedicated to them too. Internal baseboard construction starts this weekend so i can run trains temporarily till full model railway construction starts.
littleimp

Post by littleimp »

This weekends work has seen all the inside baseboards go in. I've yet to stick the polyurethane sculpting foam on though but it's a start. 19ft on the long side and 8ft on the 2 ends. All 2ft wide with plenty of workshop storage underneath.

dan8400

Post by dan8400 »

Hi,

you've made a good start with some solid looking baseboards and plenty of storage. I love the idea of a garden railway so good luck with yours. Hope it progresses well

Thanks
Dan
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Excellent start...and splendid Spitfire! 8)

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)