SVR Autumn Steam Gala - All three days.

Post anything here that is related to taking Railway Photographs!

Moderator: saslord

kieranhardy

SVR Autumn Steam Gala - All three days.

Post by kieranhardy »

Delayed i know but here are some of my best shots of the SVR's Autumn Steam Gala.

First shot shows visiting A1 No. 60163 'Tornado' arriving at Highley bound for Bridgnorth:

Resident Ivatt 2MT Mogul No. 46443 simmers at Bewdley before taking charge of the first night of all night steam services. Sadly 46443 has since been withdrawn and is now awaiting overhaul:

Night had set in by the time we got back to Bridgnorth, this scene shows resident Ivatt 4MT 2-6-0 'Flying pig' No. 43106 having recently returned from her travels at the North Norfolk Railway next to fellow resident GWR Small Prairie No. 4566:

Final night shot of Bridgnorth during day 1 shows resident Stanier Mogul No. 42968 paired up with the tender from Black 5 No. 45110. She was the second locomotive doing the all night runs, 42968 is due to be withdrawn within the next 12 months for overhaul:

Now at Bewdley and probably the star of the show, Caledonian Railway Class 812 No. 828 simmers after her days duties, to the left is the front of GWR King No. 6024 'King Edward I' which took the place of the non available 6023 'King Edward II':

Last shot of the first night shows resident Manor No. 7812 'Erlestoke Manor' at Bewdley:

Day 2 at Kidderminster with 828 again running round her train:

At Arley, 7812 'Elrestoke Manor' arrives with one of the locals:

Night once more and again at Bridgnorth, 9F No. 92212 which was visiting for the summer from the Watercress line stands next to 42968:

43106 stands on shed:

An imposing view of 92212 on shed with 60163 'Tornado' in the background being coaled:

The final day, sadly the sun didn't come out till the end of the gala, it came out just long enough in this view of resident and recently overhauled GWR 2800 No. 2857:

Final shot from me of the gala shows visiting Large Prairie No. 4160 arriving at Kidderminster with one of the last services. She was visiting from the West Somerset Railway to cover for 5029 'Nunney Castle' which was unable to attend:

kennyGWSR

Re: SVR Autumn Steam Gala - All three days.

Post by kennyGWSR »

Great shots Kieran, love the night ones especially.