Marklin class 74

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges

Marklin class 74

Post by 58001 »

I have been given a Marklin HO train set with the above tank engine in. However there the track and controller are missing, but there is some
paperwork with it to suggest that it is 3 rail AC.

Is this how Marklin design there systems and if so will not be compatible with Hornby track/controller?
poliss

Re: Marklin class 74

Post by poliss »

If ypu look underneath the loco it should have a contact pick-up for the 3 rail system. If so, then it will be 16v AC and is not compatable with Hornby or any other 2 rail 12v DC systems.

Post by 58001 »

It does have a sprung pick up rail, thanks poliss.
poliss

Post by poliss »

Marklin items can be very expensive, so I wouldn't throw it away. :-) You should be able to pick up the track and controller quite easily.
Curler Guy
Location: Throwing and sweeping stones out on the ice somewhere in Scotland.

Post by Curler Guy »

I was wondering when Marklin had released a class 74 if there was a version of the '71 also!! :lol:
A bunch of sewerage farm workers from the North West were visiting Blackpool on a day trip when one of them was overcome by the fresh air and fainted.
It took 7 buckets of S**t just to bring them round again!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

How's your German? There's a ton of stuff online about Marklin, but as their core market is Germany, that's the language used. Talk about product enthusiasm, the Marklin diehards are loyal like you wouldn't believe. There's probably an English language site somewhere. There may be links from this dealer site which features Marklin, (just happens to be one I have in my favourites list). http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/marklin. ... lAodAU0skg
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

I saw a transformer controller for märklin 3 rail in a local second hand shop... I thought "they'll never sell that!" Next time im passing ill tak a look and see if its still there if you like?

3 rail track is quite easy to find here in Finland and sells cheaply too

www.huuto.net (best described as finnish ebay :lol: )

Its in Finnish but if you type in märklin you should get plenty of results
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller