peco provide a useful tool, but

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
phonebook

peco provide a useful tool, but

Post by phonebook »

do the continental track people?

i am referring to that little red thing that ensures you use the correct track centres- peco's measurements are slightly different from minitrix, arnold and flieschmann, so i was wondring how they do it accross the water
locoworks

Re: peco provide a useful tool, but

Post by locoworks »

who cares how the foreigners do it?? :twisted: :twisted: seriously though; i guess folks make their own. it wouldn't be the most difficult job on the planet to take a peco offering and cut into 2 bits ( remove a bit if you want things closer ) then take both bits and epoxy them to a lolly stick or something like and set the gap to what you want.

brain fart time. get a cheapo set of vernier calipers, set them streamline centres on the scale, and then epoxy the peco gauge ( IN ONE PIECE ) streamline tags facing out so you can use them. when the glue has set, remove the excess peco gauge in the middle . you can then use the scale on the verniers to set the track centres to whatever you want. job done.
phonebook

Post by phonebook »

i actually meant to get their setrack spacing, not streamline.

tho using your logic, i could cut a peco thingy in half, and shave of the right number of millimeters and then stick back together
ste234

Post by ste234 »

The Peco way gauge, at 6p, its not going to be missed if you have a hack at it. It also includes the track centres for Setrack.
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
phonebook

Post by phonebook »

yes indeeeeed haha
poliss

Post by poliss »

The Kato version incorporates the track gauge into the re-railer. http://www.kato-unitrack.co.uk/kato-uni ... 463-0.html
phonebook

Post by phonebook »

kato doesnt have any flexitrack to gauge tho LOL

or are you saying that the answer to all our problems is to go for kato unitrack which is "ideal for digital"!
locoworks

Post by locoworks »

:wink: