New steam layout attempt No.2

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

New steam layout attempt No.2

Post by 35005 »

Hello, my old layout(which I do have a thread on somewhere)I really wasnt happy with so I happily ripped it up, strangly is was very fun.

Anyway, my new layout will eventually be a southern (BR) layout with the odd other loco on it at times, it is a end to end layout sort of, and eventually will have a fiddleyard if I can pursuade my parents to move the freezer :x . The half loop will be in a cutting and there will also be a loco shed and a turntable somewhere and other generl scenic stuff. Recently I built my first kit which worked out suprising well :) .
Thanks for looking, comments welcome

Image Pointwork
Image Where the engine shed is going to be
Image My new loco Duchess of Buccleugh
Image My parkside dundas kit I built :)
,Tom
Sprintex

Re: New steam layout attempt No.2

Post by Sprintex »

Different use of space there, not sure about the reverse-loop but then they've always scared me :lol:

Good work on the wagon kit too - I'd be well chuffed (pun intended) with that :wink:

Paul
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

nice start. Are those 3 orange coaches in the corner a part of the thomas the tank engine range? :?
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Post by 35005 »

Well all things changed on the layout , I have decided on a final plan and started ballasting and rusting the rails. Iv built a engine shed froma superquick kit ,great value for money :D
I reckon that the endine shed area is about 3 quaters of the way there and have not done much on the rest of the layout yet. Pictures now! :)
Comments welcome as usual

Image Should I put a passing loop along the wall?
,Tom
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

Is the baseboard made out of chip board?
You have done quite well. How long have you been doing the layout?

Hobby Boy
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
itsmee13

Post by itsmee13 »

like what youve done so far looks very good,
Oh well we all make mistakes as the hedge hog said to the hair brush

Post by 35005 »

hobby boy wrote:Is the baseboard made out of chip board?
You have done quite well. How long have you been doing the layout?

Hobby Boy
Hi hobby boy,
Im not sure what the baseboard is made out of, I think it may be pine and there is a layer of cork on top, since I have redone the layout I have been doing it for about 3 and a bit weeks. :D just need to get some more track to finish the station then I have all the tack that I need

Anyway if any of you lot were interested this is my previous layout http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=13334
,Tom
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

is the new layout on the basebourd of the old layout?

Hobby Boy

Post by 35005 »

hobby boy wrote:is the new layout on the basebourd of the old layout?

Hobby Boy
Sorry for the late response but yes this is the exact same baseboard as the old layout.

Anyway now for a update, I have know added a bit more of a realistic landscape with the use of paper mache covered in hanging basket liner, fantastic stuff I recomend it to anyone, and bought Bulleid west country 'Ottery St Mary' at the Eastleigh Opn day back in may, £65 a bit of a bargain I think :D . Also now I have decided to create the central area as a halt, or a mine(with hornbys skaledale buildings). Also I may just use the area by the wall as a fiddleyard or if I can find room for it a single platform sation terminus. Next locomotive purchase will probalbly be a schools or the lord nelson that bachmann may eventually release.

No pictures as my camera has died :( pictures will come whenever my camera is fixed or find my old camera.

Comments welcome as per norm :)
,Tom
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

hi tom
I just found your old thread and i did like the idea about the tunnel. Is there going to be a tunnel here?

Hobby Boy

Post by 35005 »

hobby boy wrote:hi tom
I just found your old thread and i did like the idea about the tunnel. Is there going to be a tunnel here?

Hobby Boy
Yes I may put a tunnel at the bottom end to disguise the enrance to the fiddleyard, just need to get a tunnel portal.
,Tom

Post by 35005 »

Hello all, got my camera back from samsung eventually yesterday :D so now for a update with pictures :wink:

I am going leave the middle for the moment as a temporary workspace, and I have weathered the trackbed in the loco area by spraying black arylic and water over it, I think it worked suprisingly well. Also on the other side of the layout the scenics are coming on well and I am creating a cutting. But I really need to get some sort of backscene and a proper retaining wall.
Enjoy the pictures, criticism welcome :P

,Tom
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

Just thinking, when you go to the hole where your middle bit, do you ever bang your head when you go up! (i have and it is painful do you have the board!) Also, have you got point motors?

Hobby Boy

Post by 35005 »

hobby boy wrote:Just thinking, when you go to the hole where your middle bit, do you ever bang your head when you go up! (i have and it is painful do you have the board!) Also, have you got point motors?

Hobby Boy
Yep, as I am fairly tall I hit my head quite a lot :roll: it's so annoying!. On the point of point motors, no I have not got them as I can reach all of them with my hand and I wouldnt have a clue on how to wire them up anyway! Also I don't have much money to spend on it anyway, money is very tight for someone who only has a paperound :D
,Tom
Paul-H

Post by Paul-H »

Hi

Thats a realy nice looking layout you have their.

One question were did you get the cork tiles from.

Thanks

Paul