New Railway Modellers Shop

What do you want from a model railway shop?
midland_red

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Post by midland_red »

Once again I have had great service from the NRM shop. Ordered items yesterday afternoon, received Interlink tracking details last night and parcel duly arrived when stated and in perfect condition.

A lot of online retailers could learn a lot from NRM shop for truly great service.

Trevor.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Another reminder to all not to overlook New Railway Modellers Shop when searching for something. I'd done a half-hearted Ebay search for spare buffers for the Hornby J94. One had come unscrewed on one of my two J94s and where it fell out lord only knows, all I could find was the nut. Just got the NRM Shop news-letter clicked on Hornby Spares and there it was. Pack ordered.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

I'm a little concened about an order from NRMS. Having placed the order eleven days ago, and received an email informing me of my order being despatched, I'm still waiting for my items...

Of course this could possibly be down to Royal 'Snail' Mail- it does seem to be very selective as to where receives the best paced postage- although given that I'm near Brighton (alright, I'm in Hastings but my nearest BIG postage depots are surely Ashford, Brighton or Tonbridge) I would have expected to have my items here now. I'll wait until next weekend and see what happens. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the postage options when I ordered.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

kiwitram wrote:I'm a little concened about an order from NRMS. Having placed the order eleven days ago, and received an email informing me of my order being despatched, I'm still waiting for my items...

Of course this could possibly be down to Royal 'Snail' Mail- it does seem to be very selective as to where receives the best paced postage- although given that I'm near Brighton (alright, I'm in Hastings but my nearest BIG postage depots are surely Ashford, Brighton or Tonbridge) I would have expected to have my items here now. I'll wait until next weekend and see what happens. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the postage options when I ordered.
Not that I am defending Royal Mail, but on more than one occasion I have ordered goods from firms and they have stated 'It is in the post'. Having contacting the said companies of not receiving the goods, lo and behold the parcels arrived within the next two days. The post mark was of the day I contacted them!

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

glencairn wrote:on more than one occasion I have ordered goods from firms and they have stated 'It is in the post'. Having contacting the said companies of not receiving the goods, lo and behold the parcels arrived within the next two days. The post mark was of the day I contacted them!
That's happened to me a few times, as well. We'll see what happens. I emailed the other day just to say it had been practically a fortnight, and was promptly told that if it isn't with me by the beginning of next week it'll most likely be marked as a lost item. I didn't think to ask as to whether I could have a refund or not. Somehow I doubt it. All that hassle to save me time; really, I should have just taken the 20 minute walk across Hastings to one of the few model shops we're still blessed with.

Alex
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

if it does not arrive you will be entitled to a refund or replacement

i am sure they will sort it out & are probably just hoping it will arrive in the meantime.
kebang

Post by kebang »

It's a shame that this shop only posts to Europe. On a couple of occasions I've found items in the store which I wanted - but they don't offer postage outside of Europe so I've had to purchase elsewhere. ( I live in The Philippines)
Oxley

Post by Oxley »

Found the New Modellers Shop had some backscenes that I could make use of. Placed an order and
received it in just over a week to Aus. Never used this shop before and I was pleased with the service.
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Oxley wrote:Found the New Modellers Shop had some backscenes that I could make use of. Placed an order and
received it in just over a week to Aus. Never used this shop before and I was pleased with the service.
I ordered some stone faced plastic card from them and it arrived quite quickly and safely tbh I think if I can’t get anything from my local model store I’ll be using this sites
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

I'm as guilty as many on this website for not supporting the NRM shop.
There is no real reason, but I can conform that they manage to get
Royal Mail next day delivery should orders be placed early in the day.

Today a Knightwing conveyor with a couple of Dapol 16 Ton mineral kits
dropped through my letterbox. If they have what you want I'd strongly
reccommend them.

Geoff T.
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

I recently ordered from them and am very happy with the speed service and they sorted out a problem of the original manufacturers, with no hesitation whatsoever. Very happy customer.
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

BuffyMcBuffer wrote: if I can’t get anything from my local model store I’ll be using this sites
Buffy in case anyone should be misled by your wording, "New Railway Modellers Shop" is the sponsor who provides the platform on which Newrailwaymodellers is run. Simon (id Saslord) allows us pretty free reign on the content, apart from some very loose guidelines for which we are immensely grateful. We wouldn't want him to feel the tail was wagging the dog.
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

I too had great service from this shop, and will definitely use again. The loco broke after a day, they sent me a returns slip, and a promise to repair it and return it. But within a few days of sending the broken item back, I received a brand new replacement item!

My problem is that I’m more of an impulse buyer. Far more likely to buy something because I’m having a look around a shop or show and see something I like, than I am to sit down and search through an online shop.

Case in point, on holiday earlier this week, popped into a model shop in Cromer and bought a card kit for a bridge, the same bridge I’ve looked at several times on web shops and dismissed. But I was there, I could have it right away and I fancied it.
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Bufferstop wrote:
BuffyMcBuffer wrote: if I can’t get anything from my local model store I’ll be using this sites
Buffy in case anyone should be misled by your wording, "New Railway Modellers Shop" is the sponsor who provides the platform on which Newrailwaymodellers is run. Simon (id Saslord) allows us pretty free reign on the content, apart from some very loose guidelines for which we are immensely grateful. We wouldn't want him to feel the tail was wagging the dog.

Ah my bad thank you for clearing that one up (woof) :lol:
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Another speedy delivery from New Modellers Shop, ordered 4pm yesterday on my doormat 2pm today.