Lawrs1's Garden layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
lawrs1

Lawrs1's Garden layout

Post by lawrs1 »

Hi all, just thought i would start a thread for my new layout, the plan at the moment is to have it running down one side of the shed, and then out into the garden, this will be a big change from my old layout, as now i will be able to run 7-8 coach trains, compared to the 4 coach trains of before. I will however keep you all updated, as and when things happen. Pics to be put up as soon as i have some
Last edited by lawrs1 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is full of should-haves
lawrs1

Re: Lawrs1's New layout

Post by lawrs1 »

Hi all just a couple of pics, showing what has happend so far

Any and all comments/suggestions welcome

Please excuse the mess

and if anyone can come up with some good suggestions for names for this layout it would be most appreciated
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi mate

Have you got a rough plan of what the final thing will look like or at least the first 'stage' if you know what I mean :) Good idea to keep the station nice and simple: simple pointwork means longer platforms! ;) Reckon you should have a go at scratchbuilding some!!!

Just wondered if you'll be using flexitrack to give you nice big curves round the garden ;) Lot cheaper too, lol! Keep us posted!

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

HI InFrontCat
The only bit that has really been planned so far has been the station area, will get a plan up at somepoint, and as to the other question, yes i will be using flexi track on all but one set of corners where the track leaves the shed In the direction the A4 is facing, as the track has to almost come completly back on itself, to avoid the other shed. (Yes i did say the other shed :shock: ) and as for the rest is going to be mainly just a double track loop around the garden.

Cheers
Stuart
lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

Very quick track plan for the station area, done with paint

lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

Here's a better plan showing the basic idea for the whole layout

peak

Post by peak »

What size is your shed?

You can't beat running full length trains.
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk
lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

Not entirely sure on the shed size, however i believe it is in the region of about 15' long
lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

peak wrote:What size is your shed?

You can't beat running full length trains.
Just checked and theshed is 15' long give or take abit, the area i'm using is about 11-12' of that space notmuch been happening lately, but on the plus side just found some more wood in the shed that i can use for the layout
lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

Well todays progress consisted of the first stage of construction using the previously metioned undiscovered wood, will put pics up as soon as i get new batterys for my camera, Me thinks this layout is going tobe somewhat large, as i have used the best partof 14' of plywood all ready. ( It's what was to hand and will be treated so don't worry :shock: )
lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

All civil engineering works have come to a halt due to 1) lack of raw materials. 2) lack of track. 3) Gale force winds and bucket loads of rain.(no surprise there then, guess that what i get for starting to build a garden layout in winter, or there abouts :lol: )
allesclar

Post by allesclar »

peak beat me to it :P you cant beat full size trains, i love the first couple with the A4 pulling that rake of coaches, looks awesome.
lawrs1

Post by lawrs1 »

Thanks for that allesclar, the only real problem i have at the moment is the more of the layout that gets built the more i want to play trains :roll: instead of continuing the building process, although that said i have just managed to fix my Bachmann 4mt tank,and my troublesome A4 so very pleased about that :D
lawrs1

Re: Lawrs1's Garden layout

Post by lawrs1 »

minor update in that i have spent today repairing everything that the wind thought it wouls be funny to dismantle for me :evil: ( But that is i suppose what a force 11 storm will do :shock: )
lawrs1

Re: Lawrs1's Garden layout

Post by lawrs1 »

Yet another Non-update if you will, need to get round to getting more wood and track, so I can get on with this thing :shock: