Bure Valley Railway

Post anything here that is related to taking Railway Photographs!

Moderator: saslord

piermaster

Bure Valley Railway

Post by piermaster »

Hi All,

Barbara and I had another 'Grand Day Out' this time to the Bure Valley Railway:

Bo-Bo diesel loco no.3 '2nd Air Division USAAF' at Aylsham.

2-6-2 based on Indian Railways ZB class no. 6 'Blickling Hall' on the turntable at Wroxham.

No. 6 at Wroxham.

For those not familiar with this railway, it is a 9 miles long 15 inch gauge line running between Wroxham on the Norfolk Broads and the small delightful market town of Aylsham which will be ruined from late July when their first Tesco supermarket opens opposite the station.

Full details of the railway can be found on http://www.bvrw.co.uk

Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by piermaster on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
davek

Re: Bure Valley Railway

Post by davek »

Nice pics. Nice looking loco and signalbox.
Pity the relentless coporate greed of Tesco will blight the nice rural area.

Sanza speme vivemo in disio.
kev-ster

Post by kev-ster »

lovely little railway have visited a couple of times..see if i can dig some old photos i have of it...

cant belive tesco's is now opposite the station....shows you just how long ago i last went.... :shock:
COYS
sishades

Post by sishades »

Pity the relentless coporate greed of Tesco will blight the nice rural area.
I live in Diss a very small market town here in Norfolk. Within 100 metres in our town centre we have a Morrisons Superstore situated next to a Tesco Store. Across the road opposite from Morrisons we have a Somerfield Store. Our pretty high street is gradually closing down because of these monsters.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
piermaster

Post by piermaster »

And I live in Stowmarket, I'm one of the 'Furriners' who moved here 2 years ago to get away from the uncontrolled over-population in Essex, (Chelmsford being a prime example). Here in Slowmarket we only have two major supermarkets - Tesco to the north of the town which primarily serves the Cedars Park estate and Asda in the town centre. Our nearest Morrison is in Sproughton, Ipswich (12 miles) and our nearest M&S is in Bury St. Edmunds (15 miles).

My friend Barbara lives in Martlesham Heath, east of Ipswich where Tesco dominates the scene to the point where people are queueing for a space in their massive car park, even on a Sunday morning! Just up the road from her is the Martlesham Park & Ride which must be Suffolk's biggest white elephant - Built too big and in the wrong place for it is never full!

Dave
Last edited by piermaster on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 47806 »

I passed it on the Bittern line earlier this month. All my photos were blurry (took dark). You had a nice day though!
Follow the Progress on my Layouts - click here.
My Railway Photography - click here.
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

The endless march of the supermarkets moves on. There is a place just north of London (forget the name now) that had 8 supermarkets for a population of 20,000 or so, each of a different brand. The supermarkets had used a computer system to work out the best place to put one in the area, and to not give each other the monopoly they all built a store there. Needless to say the High Street shut down and then each store made a loss, so a few were closed down. We should have laws on stopping supermarkets building like this (well we have but they aren't used very well). They supposedly increase competition, but by closing family owned shops they to the opposite.
Currently on the rails with my camera
BrotherWolf

Post by BrotherWolf »

It always amazes me that with a gauge that small, it just doesn't tumble off!!
Click the banner for my Smugmug site