My New Garage layout (oo gauge)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

My New Garage layout (oo gauge)

Post by 35005 »

Hi all :)
I have been working on this layout for a while. I am on DC still but I might convert to dcc later. At the moment I have 4 rings and a basic incline.
Comments welcome :D
Image Overall view
Image My LMS locos
Image Other locos
,Tom
chrisalddin

Post by chrisalddin »

a dam good start.... looks cool

i tried but never got a incline to work on my layout
This Hobby is going to make me pennyless :wink: :roll:
My layout. Lots of work done update 29/2/2008 New img's!
boyofbears

Post by boyofbears »

good start, so, how many locos do you have? (i cant count :wink: )
my imaginery friend thinks u have problems.......wait........
my layout http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=17368 new!!!

Post by 35005 »

boyofbears wrote:good start, so, how many locos do you have? (i cant count :wink: )
Hi I have got 9 locos now
,Tom

Post by 35005 »

quick update, :D
I got my 2 dc controllers that yesterday.I can now run 4 trains at one time.I have also started building my tunnnel this will be covered with something at some point. At the moment I have sacrificed the points from the rings for some sidings.
,Tom
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Superb stuff there! keep it coming! i like the tunnel work, are you going to have a removable section for those moments when locos and stock like to leave the line? :D

Post by 35005 »

I think so, It would help
,Tom
chrisalddin

Post by chrisalddin »

nice stuff!
This Hobby is going to make me pennyless :wink: :roll:
My layout. Lots of work done update 29/2/2008 New img's!
tonycougar

Post by tonycougar »

That incline looks similar to what I have done, but none of mine will climb it with any more than 2 coaches.
If there's a harder way to do it, I'll find it!!
View my layout progress at:-
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=15104

Post by 35005 »

tonycougar wrote:That incline looks similar to what I have done, but none of mine will climb it with any more than 2 coaches.
Same here, I find that the old airfix locos are the best
,Tom

Post by 35005 »

quick uptate,
I have now started to paper mache the tunnel, which should look quite good in the end.If anyone was wondering the line going around the back will problay become a little station. :D
,Tom

Post by 35005 »

Quick update, :)
I have done quite a lot of paper mache stuff recently, I am now saving up for the rest of the track i need, and maybe a few more locos, he he. One day this will be a southern layout.

,Tom
DaiStation

Post by DaiStation »

Hi. That looks like a well built layout you have there.

Is the paper mache "real" or the powdered stuff? It looks a bit neat around the edges to be glued newspaper or similar. I used some of the powdered stuff for the bank of an incline and I found that it expands and shrinks lots depending on the temperature - by about a centimeter on a bank height of 5cm. Thus on hot sunny days a crevice opens up at around the embankment.

Post by 35005 »

DaiStation wrote:Hi. That looks like a well built layout you have there.

Is the paper mache "real" or the powdered stuff? It looks a bit neat around the edges to be glued newspaper or similar. I used some of the powdered stuff for the bank of an incline and I found that it expands and shrinks lots depending on the temperature - by about a centimeter on a bank height of 5cm. Thus on hot sunny days a crevice opens up at around the embankment.
Hi I mixed some newspaper and water until it was all mushy and then tipped some glue into it, then you can move it around to how you like it. I didn't use the other way. It does take a very long time to dry though. (I have got some mould on a peice of it, can't be a good thing!) And it shrinks. :D
,Tom

Re: My New Garage layout (oo gauge)

Post by 35005 »

'ello all, progress on my layout is going well, I have made a station platform area and but some ballast on and some grass mat stuff. Pictures taken with my new camera. woo! I have nearly finished 1 bit of the layout and that bit is in most of the pics (the tunnel). :D
,Tom