My New Layout - Crick Road

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

Post by 47806 »

Latest update:

Today was the Great British Train Show in Brampton, Ontario. I had a great time and met Blue_Dalek. Anyway, I found some excellent prices so Crick Road now has new stock:

The new Hornby Shark brakevan, brilliant model:

The Bachmann Limpet ballast wagon, goes well with the Shark:

The show was quite busy and there was a great variety of layouts, mostly steam (including live steam). One layout had the Heljan container crane - that is brilliant!
Follow the Progress on my Layouts - click here.
My Railway Photography - click here.

Re: My New Layout - Crick Road

Post by 47806 »

Last update for a while, enjoy a selection of photos taken of the Crick Road depot during an "open day" I set up last Friday:

Silly time:
Enjoy!

Post by 47806 »

It has been a while since my last post in here. Here it is:

Post by 47806 »

I have just launched my own youtube channel for my railway videos. I have uploaded the first video of 66068 on various workings on Crick Road:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgm0bFzTscU
TOM M

Post by TOM M »

those vids look great i love your station
Watercress

Post by Watercress »

Looking good. Nice work there.

Post by 47806 »

Thanks for the comments. I'm afraid that I haven't really done anything on the layout for a long time. I came close to relegating my beloved 47806 (Heljan) to my withdrawn stock, rubbing alcohol wasn't cleaning the wheels. Thankfully, I discovered contact cleaner in the nick of time and she is back running like new! I have a bit of a problem with one of my points (Peco Electrofrog) and I am a bit stumped at the moment: the current drops right off and is fine again after the point, ideas?

Anyway, I forgot to post this earlier: a have made a new video tour of the entire layout, enjoy!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e6z5gPF0oTQ
PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Very good, loved the video! An excellent layout.
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

Post by 47806 »

My latest video is now uploaded. It is a steam gala on Crick Road that went horribly wrong: I forgot to clean the loco wheels first! However, it made for a more interesting video, link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yFIXN0qF5H0
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Great layout and video! I love the 66! 8)
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267
davek

Post by davek »

47806 wrote:I have a bit of a problem with one of my points (Peco Electrofrog) and I am a bit stumped at the moment: the current drops right off and is fine again after the point, ideas?
Clean the blades and their contact points on the stock rail. I've had various problems with electrofrog point and all required lifting of the points to repair or investiagte what was wrong. Ironduke is pretty clever when it comes to electrical stuff.
glegalee

Re:

Post by glegalee »

47806 wrote:Image
Excelent layout chap, really like it. Just one thing for more realism, you need to put extortionate fuel prices on this petrol stations sign. lol :lol:
Visit my layout CHOLMONDELEY PARK
ImageImageImage

Post by 47806 »

DaveK: I cleaned the points profusely and saw little improvement. However, the problem has resolved itself: the temperature outside has finally dropped below 28 degrees c and the humidity has also dropped to 50%. My layout always runs better in cool, dry weather. Overall, I prefer electrofrog points as they have better conductivity but the wiring took a while to understand! Hopefully the weather stays cooler and my layout will continue to work.

glegalee: the prices are accurate for June 2002 which is the era for my layout (that took a lot of finding on the internet)! I cannot understand how Canadians can complain about the petrol prices a) most drive SUVs and 4x4s b) the current Canadian price is about $1.34/litre which converts to about 66 pence!
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Over here in England you could expect to pay £1.14 or so a litre, where I live anyway. What's that in dollars? :?:
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267

Post by 47806 »

Metrocamel wrote:Over here in England you could expect to pay £1.14 or so a litre, where I live anyway. What's that in dollars? :?:
It is about $2.28 Canadian, I cannot see how Canada can possibly complain when they only pay $1.34!