My Layout - Kevin

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Re: My Layout - Kevin

Post by 0121modeller »

kevin wrote:hi once again 0121 modeller

never seen or heard about parkhead viaduct, have u got any pictures of it ..many thanks kev
parkhead viaductImagemgImage]
this dissused viaduct south of dudley town centre last seen use around early 1990, over grown & in need of structural repair the line runs from wenesbury to stourbridge (approx 10 miles) & the nutcase i am followed the whole route.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
kevin

Post by kevin »

thanks to mick. and peter h. for there comments.

also thanks for the great picture of park head viaduct. sent by 0121 modeller
frolly

Post by frolly »

Great looking layout

do you have any plans, and what dimensions is it?

thanks Graham
Frolly from Derby
sanctuary

Post by sanctuary »

I've not seen that coaling stage before, it's just the thing I need for my engine shed area, so thanks Kevin for the great pictures, I'll have to pop some in the virtual exhibition folder come the Autumn after I've built this kit and progressed my layout a bit :lol: .
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout
kevin

Post by kevin »

hello graham;

i have some rough plans of the layout on paper, or do you mean future plans, none at the moment,

the dimensions are appox 18ft x 6ft . which 3ft x 6ft is a bit of a fiddle yard....thanks kev.
kevin

Post by kevin »

thanks aidan.

enjoy your hols from the nrm virtual exhibitions, have fun with your grand kids ,and good luck with your modeling
frolly

Post by frolly »

any chance you can post the plans

i have an 8ft x 16ft area and want to get some ideas...

your layout looks like it would fitt the bill with a few tweeks here and there

I just hope i can get near to your quality! :wink:
Frolly from Derby
kevin

Post by kevin »

hi graham

here are the rough plans of my layout; i hope they help,and good luck with your modeling...

0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Post by 0121modeller »

HI Kevin,
that plan of layout looks good, have you not considered incorparating a "link line" between the 2 inner & 2 outer lines this could be maybe situated on the R.H. side of you plan , with a little "civil engineering" & not a huge expense, a single line, isolated, but linked to a DPDT Switch wired for sharing directional power from 2 controllers , or 3 or 4 pole DT switch wired as to temparary isolate nearby track sections on required diamond crossovers & additional points. Although you could, in many instances isolate sections using the peco twin micro switch,or similar, as i have done :idea: .
sorry , im assuming layout is analogue dc ? I think wire-ing methods are different to digital command control as I havent a clue of DCC methods.

Edit: add on;
Just noticed :oops: , reading closely in your text, You've an 8 road fiddle yard :mrgreen:
i do suppose you could have both , depending on suitability of left side of plan.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
kevin

Post by kevin »

cheers 0121modeller

May have a go with that single link line.

My layout is wired dc, i'am like you .not got a clue with DCC....thanks ..kev.
frolly

Post by frolly »

thanks for the plans

i'll get to work on mine again now! :wink:
Frolly from Derby
kevin

Post by kevin »

tryed to link the 2 outer lines with the 2 inner liners. from the first plan.but did not have the space.

thanks 0121 modeller.....kev
kevin

Post by kevin »

done a few bits heres a few pics.

mick

Post by mick »

I see there's been some more detail put on layout since I was last up mate. 8) 8)
Mick. :wink: :wink:
im in love with a black 5
lmsrail

Post by lmsrail »

Oooo very nice what is the white house?
Regards, Jed