New Railway Modellers Shop

What do you want from a model railway shop?
[qifop]

Re: New Modellers Shop - Great service

Post by [qifop] »

Think I have commended the shop before however will again, placed an order earlier this week and turned up next day. Placed another order today suspect I will see it before the weekend.

I just wish they did bachmann stuff as then I wouildnt have to use "that" shop near Liverpool who somehow consistantly manage to balls up the Saturday deliveries and as for the standard post option its anyones guess when it will actually turn up. Their automated emails are nonsense also. I appreciate others have more positive experiences with them.

When it comes to the crunch though, I needed some Hornby Surface Point motors, they are cheaper at that "other" place but New Railway Modellers shop wins hands down for customer service, which is worth more to me than saving 60p on an item.
D0260

Post by D0260 »

I came across Penketh Model Centre at the last Stafford swapmeet , and bought some new stuff at excellent discounts. As I had to travel to Runcorn last week , decided to pay a visit just off the A562 Warrington road.
Not the biggest shop in the world , but an absolute little treasure to rummage for both new and second hand , at pretty good prices and a discount at the till.
Well worth a personal visit , as they only take a small percentage of stock to swapmeets, and tea and coffee was served for free. Great service and a friendly atmosphere, a tight wallet loosener....
( no connection - I live 100 miles away - just very satisfied customer)
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

[qifop] wrote:Think I have commended the shop before however will again, placed an order earlier this week and turned up next day. Placed another order today suspect I will see it before the weekend.

I just wish they did bachmann stuff as then I wouildnt have to use "that" shop near Liverpool who somehow consistantly manage to balls up the Saturday deliveries and as for the standard post option its anyones guess when it will actually turn up. Their automated emails are nonsense also. I appreciate others have more positive experiences with them.

When it comes to the crunch though, I needed some Hornby Surface Point motors, they are cheaper at that "other" place but New Railway Modellers shop wins hands down for customer service, which is worth more to me than saving 60p on an item.
We also wish we could do Bachmann stuff but untill they change their T&C we can't

I am glad you like our service. We do try and do the best for our customers.

We are doing 3 new ranges on the site (still waiting for some of the stock to arrive)

1) miniNatur (also known as Silflor)
2) Tortoise Slow Motion Point Motors.
3) Hornby Spares (sold individually so no need to buy pks of 10)
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

saslord wrote:
[qifop] wrote:Think I have commended the shop before however will again, placed an order earlier this week and turned up next day. Placed another order today suspect I will see it before the weekend.

We also wish we could do Bachmann stuff but untill they change their T&C we can't

I am glad you like our service. We do try and do the best for our customers.

We are doing 3 new ranges on the site (still waiting for some of the stock to arrive)

1) miniNatur (also known as Silflor)
2) Tortoise Slow Motion Point Motors.
3) Hornby Spares (sold individually so no need to buy pks of 10)

I second that motion

I always look at the NRM shop first, if they dont have it then I go elsewhere
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

My mum bought me track pack b as a reward for picking my little brother and sister up from school when she had a kidney infection. It arrived about 2 days after ordering, a bit squished but that's just our postie( nosey git!). Anyway, i'm pleased with the service and will DEFINATLY use it again. Kieran :D
DJH584

Post by DJH584 »

I'll stick in my six pennorth as well - I have ordered a number of items from NRM before now and cannot fault the communication and level of service I have received.
NRM is A1+++++

David
David and Lynda

Constructors of the soon to be Sandown RR
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Thanks for the positive feed back.It really motivates us.

Just to note we now stock a range of Hornby spares which we will are selling in individual units rather than packs of 10. Who wants 10 couplings when you have only broke 1.

We also now have a YouTube page to post our 360 HD product videos, and a facebook and twitter account to keep our customers up-to-date with product releases, product info and product availability (both due dates and when a product is discontinued).

Twitter
YouTube
Facebook

Simon
bluechang

Post by bluechang »

Just wondered whether you are able to stock any of the TCS/Digitrax decoders suitable for N gauge? You have Lenz ones, but they look too big for N gauge.

I would say Bachmann 6 pin decoders however, as mentioned a few times previously, they don't allow internet only sales (bit of a pain)
0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Post by 0121modeller »

Oxford Diecast 4mm scale lowloader came today that I'd ordered from NRM shop.

Very fast posting & well packed , an alround efficient service :D

Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
Rebecca
Site Admin

Post by Rebecca »

Thank you for your positive comments. It's appreciated.
Choo Choo
bocaj

Exlent service New Modlers shop

Post by bocaj »

Hi
Just though I'd praise this shop for exelent service and quick postage
I have ordered a few times of this website and every time I ordered from it my order came within a Day or two
This website also has extra good prices
Take the new Hornby Special edition Tornado,
on this website it is only £75 but on most of the other websites it's beetween £80-£90
I will be buying of this website in the futer! :D
bocaj

Thanks New Railway Modelers

Post by bocaj »

Hi,
Just like to say thanks to the New Railway Modelers for an Ultra quick next day delivery. I ordered a model of the Hornby limtited edition class 101 GWR shunter on Friday at about 4:45 PM and it arrieved Today at about 10:00 AM
That's what I call good service!

Jacob :D
0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Re: New Railway Modellers Shop

Post by 0121modeller »

Just a suggestion for the NRM 'shop';

Can a link to the NRM online shop be made more prominant on the main forum page?

Its only occasionally I use NRM shop, hence me forgeting how to get the NRM online shop page up which is'nt that obvious on NRM's main forum page.

I'd like to add I've always recieved an excellent service whenever I've purchased items from NRM shop, very quick posting, imfomative email communications etc.

I'm just about to place another order with them :)

Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Hi Dave
it's the words New Railway Modellers just in front of Scotsman's buffer.
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
0121modeller

Post by 0121modeller »

Bufferstop wrote:Hi Dave
it's the words New Railway Modellers just in front of Scotsman's buffer.
John W
aka Bufferstop
Exactly my point john, that being the link to NRM's online shop is'nt that obvious & could do with being modified to be more obvious that its a link to the NRM shop, I only clicked on it by chance.

I have PM'd Rebecca about this.