Tinwald is back!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Admin4

Re: Tinwald is back!

Post by Admin4 »

That sounds like a quick turnaround, good luck with the recuperation
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

The "Cancellations" list can be a Godsend if you are close to the hospital and likely to be free to go in. After some surgery on my back (to remove scar tissue interfering with my spinal nerves, the surgeon wanted an MRI scan (so that he would have the before and after). The Receptionist doing the bookings suggested I go on the standby list as I lived within an hours drive of the hospital and was working from home. Two days later they phoned me at 09:30 it was done and I was home for my lunch at 13:00. The surgeon was amazed when he got the scans a couple of days later.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Phat Controller

Post by Phat Controller »

thanks for your comments gents;

Gerald thankyou for noticing these areas were sparse and desolate and needed something to fill the space. Turntable fitted - just, and the refueling area was created, as I was running out of trees and lichen!! So it all came together rather well.

Dave & Buffer I'm only 5km's from Royal Prince Albert Hospital, which saves me time and effort getting there. You are correct, being so close has it's advantages being on a cancellation list, as I can get a taxi and be on their doorstep within 10 to 15 mins.
Also glad your spinal nerve issues were solved.
My peripheral neuropathy (pins n needles in my feet) is still with me, but hasn't been too bad during this latest period as I've been taking rather powerful painkillers for my hip, which seems to negate the pain in my feet. Unfortunately these tablets give me constipation, big time, and I can't stay on them long. Have been weaning myself off gradually and the feet are starting to tingle again.

Ahh well, at least I'm still alive!!
research = asking a bloke who knows a bloke who said something vaguely similar to what I wanted to hear! - Tony (aka the Phat Controller)