47806's New Layout: The IC&L

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

Re: 47806's New Layout: The IC&L

Post by 47806 »

Eastern wrote:Good luck with your layout - are there any model railway shops in Cambridge now? Heard many had closed?
I used to use R&D Models, Laurie & McConnal's in Fitzroy St, and a great store in the Kite (Ren Models? - where the Grafton Centre is now :cry:
Back in 2006 I used R&D models. According to the online directories, there is a general model shop on Trumpington High Street and the others are now gone. I found a very good model shop in Ely yesterday but I fear that online will be the main source for materials. It just isn't the same as seeing what you are buying in person.
Follow the Progress on my Layouts - click here.
My Railway Photography - click here.

Post by 47806 »

I copied the plan over onto the baseboard today. It has been changed to allow for a longer siding.

As you can see, the plan is single-track with a passing loop (it finishes beyond the board edge) and a siding. The station is on the main track (it will have a flat platform which will annoy some of you). There are two roads and a level crossing. The siding serves two industries: Quebecotech (specialty plastic manufacturer) and Groupe Cluny Chimie (Cabot) with is a chemical company.

I am currently working on a timetable. Layout construction is now going to slow down until I have more material and my exams are over.

Post by 47806 »

It has been a long time since the last update. I have been busy with college and illness (much better now). I went to Ely today to buy the last of the track needed, two points (Peco Streamline Electrofrog small L/H and R/H). I should also have some more material on the way in the next few weeks.

Post by 47806 »

I have decided to change layout ideas, I am now working on a British-image layout using a very similar plan. You can follow progress on my new layout, East Walsham here: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=21384