Torr Works - Biting off more than I can chew!

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
redline41190

Post by redline41190 »

LMAO! thats hilarious! Episode title "Percy Meets the Scrap Man" :lol:

I like the layout! its looking good :) do any of your other engines have trouble with the incline?
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

I just watched the death of the little g*y engine, expected to see some sort of explosion :(
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

The only other engine I have is a Lima class 59 which does it no probs. It's only 1 in 50 so I thinks it's OK.

Death of Percy Part Deux - you've given me an idea... I'll have to wait for everyone to go out first I think...[/quote]
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

That was great I thought the actual end was when it stalled on the incline meaning it had gone pear shape inside, then the nose dive of death followed and even better, quality laughter.

Even showed the wife, she loved it to.

Cheers Big al
See my thread on personal layouts "It's a holiday park with no name"
New name for layout now found. Chufferlands Holiday Park.
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

The Death of Percy Part Deux

DONT try this at home kids!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Shocking :shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess it made his eyes water :wink:

Lofty
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

It's M.Levin's fault - he made me do it! :lol:
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

By far the best video on the forum if not the net.
My ribs hurt and it didn't help by your young ones evil laugh.
Great work a ***** from me, would of liked a bigger bang.
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

Glad you liked it! The damn thing is still working though!!! :wink:

Well worth the 2 minute wait!

My garage stinks of smoke now...
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

The Death of Perct Part Deux The Aftermath

Suggestions please for part 3, he's still going!
boyofbears

Post by boyofbears »

hit it with a hammer!!! :twisted: :twisted:
my imaginery friend thinks u have problems.......wait........
my layout http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=17368 new!!!
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

Following the deafly silence of 'the death of Percy part deux' I thought I should post an update rather than another attack on Percy. It's hardly worth me showing you 'the aftermath'is it? Don't want to offend anyone :cry:

Anyway, never mind; 'rocket powered percy' is going on U tube instead. We've had a practice and he is heavier than you think so am waiting for more rocket motors to arrive.

Back to the task in hand and here are some proper updates of the quarry area I've been working on:

PS: The plaster isn't pink! My camers is on it's way out I think, the colours look a lot better than this is real life - or maybe I'm just drunk?

Big Up to Starbeck Models In Harrogate, he had run our of plaster when I visited so he gave me a box full of rocks someone else had already made and not used for free! These are the ones on the right as you look at it.
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

Another small update:

Concrete base is now going in for the engine shed and the quarry basin is coming together quite nicely.

Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi Mark :)

Just caught up with your thread mate and I have to tip mi' hat fella, you've done some great work recently. I really like the quarry bit and the hilly section to hide the track. The road being where it is disguises this somwhat as, of course, it implies the track curves away into the wall :)

Have you got a shot of what the shed area will look like, i.e. have you got a design for the shed yet or are you pondering a scratch build?

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
mark_brody

Post by mark_brody »

Infrontcat wrote:Hi Mark :)

Have you got a shot of what the shed area will look like, i.e. have you got a design for the shed yet or are you pondering a scratch build?
I visited the site in Feb 2005, Foster Yeoman were great and organised a tour round for me and my Dad (pictured as scale) when I told them what I was planning to do. I have about 250 photos, but these should give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

As you can see, the scale of this whole place is immense, so I'm working on an artistic license with this and now have much less space than I had in the loft at the old place which makes it even harder. Maybe I should move outside? Hey Tim?

I intend to scratch build the shed on an artistic basis, as you see I only have 2 lines into mine already so thats a compromise before I start.

I'm actually a bit further on now with the mod-rocking so will post some more pics soon.

Mark