Class 93 first sighting?

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
centenary

Class 93 first sighting?

Post by centenary »

Class 93 001 on the back of a low loader. May be one of the first sightings of the new class?

https://youtu.be/IEx9jnFz1y0?si=w-6RsALsrWkpHfeK&t=171
Bigmet

Re: Class 93 first sighting?

Post by Bigmet »

The bend it's putting in the trailer's swan neck is 'impressive'; look at how far the front end of the trailer side frame is 'down' compared to the rear end. Hopefully someone has done the calculations. (I recall a failure of one of these trailer designs with a steam loco. The swan neck broke after some distance on a concrete slab road with a cyclic variation in height, that probably caused resonance in the trailer frame.)
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Bigmet wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:41 pm The bend it's putting in the trailer's swan neck is 'impressive'; look at how far the front end of the trailer side frame is 'down' compared to the rear end.
Sorry, but it isn’t bending, it’s designed to travel like that. If it was bent to that degree the tractor unit would be right down on its springs and the front wheels would probably be airborne.
IMG_1707.jpeg
Once upon a time I built a model railway in the loft. Now I dabble on much smaller baseboards.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I thought it looked intentional, to make for a smaller ramp when rolling on/off, but it does look a bit lightweight to my eyes (more accustomed to the over engineering of our local outfit (Alleley's)
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions