Anyone recognise this picture

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Bufferstop

Anyone recognise this picture

Post by Bufferstop »

I'm looking for the source of this image
railcar.jpg
railcar.jpg (14.78 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Google image search can't find it, probably because I clipped it from the screen so I could use it as a shortcut. I'd like to find the source to get more details. Thought someone on here might have seen it. I guess it's an 00 or 0 scale model, I guess it was photographed for a dealer or perhaps a museum.
Cheers

John W
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
luckymucklebackit

Re: Anyone recognise this picture

Post by luckymucklebackit »

This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
21C1

Post by 21C1 »

It appears to be a model of the GWR petrol electric railcar. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWR_petro ... ic_railcar . There's a shapeways 3d printed model here https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZQSJL ... arketplace . Didcot are suppsed to have a restored one but I couldnt find one on their stock list.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Thanks guys, now I know what it is/was I can search for more detailed information. If it was one of the auction sites that put the photo up then it's probably no ;longer on the site. If I find anything more detailed than the wiki I'll post it here. Some of the pictures show it without the roof mounted radiator, my guess is it was an afterthought due to overheating, or they discovered it work just as well mounted below the body.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions