Tender Loco Connection

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
waz

Tender Loco Connection

Post by waz »

Hi All!
Can someone tell me if the connecting wires between a tender and loco are a standard fitting. If so could I purchase the said part for fitting myself?
Also, what is the part actualy called? and where would I purchase it from. Got an Oxord Rail Dean Goods that stopped dead on the tracks then decided, after a couple of mins, with power still on, to move a couple of feet further. It's not the decoader, I replaced it. I think there is a break in the tender to loco wires inside the insulation. Any help would be helpful. Many thanks.
My Best Regards
BILL.
Roger (RJ)

Re: Tender Loco Connection

Post by Roger (RJ) »

No standard, even Hornby use at least 2 different wire allocations on their connectors.
If you replace the plug and the socket you can decide for yourself what connections to use.
Hornby part - https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/horn ... s_plug.htm?
waz

Post by waz »

Hi Roger (JR)
Thanks for the information. I'll take the body off and look at the innards, see if there is anything obvious. It was running round for 15 mins before it stopped. One again, many thanks.
With my Best Regards
BILL.
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

There could be a problem causing an overload and the decoder shutting down to protect itself. What decoder is it?
Pete.
waz

Post by waz »

Hi Peterm !
It's a hornby. Replaced it and still the same. This loco gets used alot and has never faulterd. Like I said, I'll take the body of and see if there is anything obvious. Thanks for the post.
My Best Regards
BILL.