Anyone miss me yesterday?

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
Bufferstop

Anyone miss me yesterday?

Post by Bufferstop »

Of course not. Took a trip behind Clun Castle, comprising a circular tour of the east midlands, including both over and under at Tamworth High and Low level. Followed by a dash up the WCML to Crew and on to Chester. Not a serious Gricer trip no one was pretending that class 47 on the back was just along for the ride. Some marvellous entertainment in Chester courtesy of the Cheshire Constabulary, who were drawing a bigger audience than the Morris Dancers (or were they Mummers?). A police patrol car, full white, blue and yellow paint job plus all the lights and aerials had been a bit too quick off the mark following another car out of the pedestrian zone and got himself hoisted by the rising bollards. They might be quick off the mark but not so quick on the uptake, they say one did the same trick back in October. I bet he'll get some stick from the others back at the station.
Spotted some new multiple units getting their pre release checks at crew in colours I've never seen before bright yellow and gloss black around the cab area with yellow above lighter grey panels on the sides.
Back to the keyboard, when you have to restore from backup it always reminds you just how much of the archive is pure junk
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
b308

Re: Anyone miss me yesterday?

Post by b308 »

I didn't miss your damn train, it caused us to be 12 mins late into New Street on the way home from Newcastle and will have cost the organisers at least two taxi fares to Malvern (missed connections) and delay minutes on our train and others. We were on time at Derby as well, at least they had the decency to put you round on the slow lines at Kingsbury so you didn't delay us any more! To put it mildly I wasn't best pleased, for a Saturday night we'd had a good journey up until then. The only consolation is that I got 15 mins overtime, but I much prefer and on time arrival, everyone happy, no hassles, and onward connections made.

Grrrr!
boxbrownie

Post by boxbrownie »

Miss who? :D
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Hi Blair we were in the same predicament, the train had kept spotless timing until south of Derby, from then on we must have been following something limping home! We picked up a bit of speed after Central Rivers, but there wasn't much chance to make use of it.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
b308

Post by b308 »

I checked Traksy and it was just you, we caught you up just after Central Rivers! A woman who was on board ours that had got off the special said that at the stations everyone was running down to take photos so I suspect that's what delayed it. I've got rather strong feelings about specials this not being the first time it has happened, people need to think about other people who are not just out on a jolly and are going long distances with connections they need to make! Sorry, rant over!