How Do I ----DCC Sound

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
waz

How Do I ----DCC Sound

Post by waz »

Hi Chaps!

Is it possible to turn down the sound on a TTS sound loco using cv's? If so, how do I do it? I have a very sensitive hearing aid and the train room is not that big. Gives me a bad head.

Many Thanks

BILL.
Flashbang

Re: How Do I ----DCC Sound

Post by Flashbang »

Hi
Yes it should be easily carried out so long as your DCC system can write CV values.

You haven't mentioned which TTS loco/sound decoder it is, so I'm making an assumption they are all the same?
The below taken from the TTS leaflet shows how and what value number to set for less volume. CV182 and a value of 0 (Zero) turns all sounds off while a value of 8 is the maximum volume level. So try a value of 4 for a start and see how that sounds, then adjust the value in CV182 up or down as necessary.

Good luck.
TTS volume.jpg
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.
waz

Post by waz »

Hi Flashbang!

Thanks for that. It seems so simple. I'll try it this affy and let you know how I got on.

With Best Regards

BILL.
waz

Post by waz »

Hi Flashbang!

Ok. Took it down to 2 then 1 noticable diferance. Could I go down to 0? willit work. Try it tomorrow.
Best Regards
BILL
Sorry about the smelling..
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

waz wrote: Sorry about the smelling..
I can’t smell anything :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flashbang

Post by Flashbang »

Hi
I can only quote from the Hornby TTS leaflet, as I do not use these decoders.
But it states if you take the value to 0 (Zero) all sounds are Off. If you set it anywhere between 1 and 8 output loudness will then depending on the value set. i.e. Increasing or decrease the volume. Therefore a setting of 4 should be around 50% volume. Lower volume will be between 1 and 4 and higher between 4 and 8. 8 being full power or maximum volume.

Its a matter of setting a value and testing it . If its too loud decrease the value number, if too quite increase the value number. Exactly like turning the volume control on your radio. Turn it up more (increase the value number) then the louder the sound output.
waz

Post by waz »

Hi Flashbang!

Why am I so thick. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks Flashbang.
With Best Regards.
BILL.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

CV182 is the master volume on diesels - CV178 on steamers.
You can then tweak the individual spot sound CVs volumes up or down from the master volume level as required.
If your controller supports Operation Programming Mode you can adjust these volume levels on the Main track.
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester
Flashbang

Post by Flashbang »

As I mentioned a couple of posts above. I do not use these decoders, but having looked at the some of the leaflets, for example the Britannia Steam loco it shows CV182 as the master volume control. The Process Royal steam locos leaflet shows master volume as also being CV182 too.
Perhaps these are other variants? But whatever it may be, the decoders manual/leaflet will specify this and if you've lost the leaflet then its downloadable from the Hornby web site here https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/ ... ex/cat/50/ :D