Modelling in heatwave

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

BarryMX5

Modelling in heatwave

Post by BarryMX5 »

If you are getting hot and bothered help is on the way!
Attachments
Liquid supplies
Liquid supplies
[/color]Barry in Somerset
glencairn

Re: Modelling in heatwave

Post by glencairn »

BarryMX5 wrote:If you are getting hot and bothered help is on the way!
Send them down the line to Sovereign Street. :) :lol:

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Hi Barry the heat seems to have got to your signature line, or at least the nesting of your tags, and I'm not sure which ones work in a signature. They should look like this, but in square brackets :-
(color=#0000FF)(size=150)(b) They should look like this (/b)(/size)(/color)
and come out looking like this
and come out looking like this
Please don't put too much into the signature space (maximum 4 lines of normal type) it makes reading the site hard work on a phone or tablet.
Can you send a few of those wagons up the West of England line supplies from Burton are running short.

John W
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
BarryMX5

Post by BarryMX5 »

Thanks for technical advice.
Cheers :wink:
[/color]Barry in Somerset
Chops

Post by Chops »

Been spending much of the day trying to get things running on Henley. The usual scorching summer, and everything that used to work
well is a juddering, derailing mess. I am suspecting the effect of heat creating micro warps that are exceedingly hard to see with the
eye, but not so hard for the flanges to find. Time to give it up for a while; relaid one troublesome curved point, after nailing it, gluing it, prising it, shimming it, and all the surrounding track. The Hornby Mallard finally stopped derailing, for the most part, but the pilot truck heels sharply to the outside rail and the affair goes around the radius on two wheels, like a stunt car. Not exactly the result I was hoping for. A few hours of this and ready to sell the whole lot on eBay. It used to work flawlessly, thank you very much. Time to walk away for a while and watch stupid television.

Mean daily temperature has been about 50c, but trouble has only started up as of last two weeks.
mallard derail.jpg
The cardboard shim, in view, was merely a vain attempt to see if it would level the track out before I completely removed the entire
section. It had no good effect whatsoever.
rain today.jpg
It did rain, for the first time in a month, a nice little downpour that lasted all of ten minutes. Did a little to lower the temperature,
slightly, and get everything good and humid. Had no bearing, either, on the affairs of Henley.
Nessie rocks!