Heljan Lion

Discuss Heljan Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
LittleSkink

Re: Heljan Lion

Post by LittleSkink »

cumiasin - really feel for you on this purchase. It seems that some retailers think it is okay to treat customers in this shoddy manner

I once bought my mum an expensive cafe style sandwch maker for her birthday, she was really chuffed with it when unwrapped and then horrified to find cheese all over the innards! Never shopped there again

Guess there is no way of knowing if there was intent or just laziness in the retailer actions but I for one would be much more wary of using them from now on because I think its really poor way to treat your customers - especially enthusiast customers in a hobby where we want, and hope, everything to be perfect
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Can I make a point that may help those who think they are being dumped on from afar. Even if you are charged the overseas(less VAT) price the transaction still took place in the UK. UK sales practices are subject to scrutiny by the local Trading Standards Office. They rarely need to use their powers to fine or prosecute as their inquiries can be a far greater pain in the proverbial for any trader. Tot up the number of instances of "falsely sold as new" put out an appeal for any UK instances, and if you get none or a minimal response, send your findings to the traders TSO. Like HMRC and Public Health dealing with them can cost a fortune in terms of lost manhours. Worth a shot
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

If you fancy trying the Trading Standards approach. http://liverpool.gov.uk/business/tradin ... rds-issue/
cumiasin

Post by cumiasin »

Bigmet wrote:If you fancy trying the Trading Standards approach. http://liverpool.gov.uk/business/tradin ... rds-issue/
thanks for all kind reply .. luckily that I'm paying via paypal on ehattons (no need to creating account), already open dispute on Ebay and asked for half refund and I'm still keping the loco

anyway still hoping that ehattons still have good intentions on shipping the right item (new one), and now 2 of my order still on shipping process and 1 still not yet shipped :(
Black-Marlin

Post by Black-Marlin »

A dangerous loco, this - I discovered that owning it meant that I came away from my local model railway exhibition with five maroon Hornby Hawksworths and a maroon Bachmann Mk1 RFO...!
Black-Marlin

Post by Black-Marlin »

Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Ah but it is a magnificent looking beast. I was on a train coming into Birmingham New Street late one evening in 1961/2 and it was waiting on the Proof House flyover for a path through the station, lit only by the street lights some 30 feet below, a ghostly apparition as they only sent it out after dark for a circular tour via the Soho and Handsworth chords and back home via New Street. It was another couple of months before I found out what it was.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions