BLUE PULLMAN

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
3raildriver

BLUE PULLMAN

Post by 3raildriver »

There is a group planning on doing a new build Blue Pullman .The Birmingham carrage & wagon plan to build a 8 car set and build it to run on the main line.There group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/thebluepullman/
Sure and Steadfast
Lysander

Re: BLUE PULLMAN

Post by Lysander »

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I really cannot see this happening.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Lysander wrote:I'm happy to be proven wrong but I really cannot see this happening.

Tony
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
3raildriver

Post by 3raildriver »

There are plenty of new builds going on and Tornado was one of them
Sure and Steadfast
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Tornado is but one successful project amid many, and some (like this) are total pipe dreams. To build a steam locomotive is actually far simpler than recreating a diesel, none of the components are particularly complex. To build a Blue Pullman would require the sourcing of two long obsolete diesel engines, transmissions, control systems, not to mention the fabrication of two power cars and four trailer coaches. So far not one of the projects to build an extinct diesel locomotive has got off the ground, ever the Baby Deltic project, which is based around an existing power unit, bodyshell and bogies is nowhere near complete, five years after the project was started. This group haven't even completed their website yet!

Just to give you some idea of what is involved in restoring a diesel locomotive (never mind building one from scratch), have a read at this, some quite sobering thoughts.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... syisnt-it/

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
senorsenales

Post by senorsenales »

And don't forget after all that you will have to source a white dustcoat and a milkmans cap !

Interesting article there, and shows why many diesel rebuilds take so long, or, in some cases not at all.

It is a bit like taking on a big project in our model world. It starts well, flags a bit, stalls, gets restarted, and eventually staggers forward into completion. Our Club layout is just like that, about five years behind at the moment ! The thing there is we can put it away every Friday nights and forget it for a week, and the costs are minimal.
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

The blue pullman group are just an appreciation group for the trains, the BRCW lot who want to build a new one amongst a shed load of other newbuilds are mad as a box of frogs!