Bachmann class 03.......

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
solario

Bachmann class 03.......

Post by solario »

Examples still available in Gauge 1. Would one make a decent display model, what IS the level of detail like?
ceejaydee

Re: Bachmann class 03.......

Post by ceejaydee »

I'd have thought they would display well although unless 'fully finished' you are going to have to get your paintbrush out to complete cab interior detailing etc.

I have the Austerity/J94 and the level of detail is high, the cab is fully fitted out, sprung axles etc. but the paint finish is plain black.
Cab windows in the 03 will need glazing plus transfers, weathering to taste but that said I still reckon that they are good value for money especially the BR Blue one at £350.

Check the Tower Models website for a couple of reasonable pics.
Regards
Christopher D.
Pedanticmongrel

Post by Pedanticmongrel »

My father had a bachmann 80xxx in 7mm scale, for the majority of the time he had it it was on static display and because it was well painted it looked stunning, I'd just sit and stare at it, but I'd say that's a strength of the 7mm and 10mm models made by sangcheng for finescale brass, tower and bachmann, if well painted they look great even when not in a scenic enviroment, well a couple of the earlier models are a bit coarse *coughs* 57xx *coughs* but the newer stuff is great, I can't wait to take delivery of a city next year and not to mention a castle before the year is over if I'm lucky. :D
fatmac

Post by fatmac »

Recently purchased a Gauge 1 Bachmann Brassworks Class 04 in blue, & it looks great to me, so much so that I will have to create a shunting micro for it. :D
Old Man Phil

Post by Old Man Phil »

Display models are always something special but the most satisfying thing of all is to be able to say 'I built that'. The level of detail is left up to the builder and only he will know when he reaches the 'That'll do' stage. I will be posting this diesel shunter off to Manchester tomorrow to JPL models and it will be on display at The O Gauge Exhibition 'Guildex' at Telford in September. This is just a scratchbuilt Body on a JPL Protoype chassis which will be available in the coming months to scratchbuilders who prefer to build their own. A few mods to the Chassis are required based on my building techniques which tries to keep the 'looks' of the original as much as possible. It's a robust, 'can be played with anytime' model wich does not need to be handled with kid gloves and has excellent detail and a very good 5 pole buehler motor. On the shelf, it also looks good too.
P8270829.JPG
P8270829.JPG (187.42 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
P8270825.JPG
P8270825.JPG (153.81 KiB) Viewed 2764 times