Class 33/0 Rail Exclusive Upgrade

Discuss Heljan Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
jools39

Class 33/0 Rail Exclusive Upgrade

Post by jools39 »

Recently found this...

http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=83

May be old news to some, but I had not seen it before.

Look like they will be lovely models.
THE CHIEF

Re: Class 33/0 Rail Exclusive Upgrade

Post by THE CHIEF »

Its a shame they are only twin packs. Id really like one but dont know I would have use for two.
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

If they did them separately i would get one, but i cannot see me getting any of these packs, the hornby and other heljan ones will do.
83A Models

Post by 83A Models »

Kenny i agree with you, think it would have been better to ask the buyers what they would like and then take it from there on the most popular, and sell singlely. And in fairness i still waiting the FGW Class 57 promised in February and now earliest October.
Maybach Roar - Music to your ears.
THE CHIEF

Post by THE CHIEF »

I think id be tempted if the green sets had one of each. Id imagine people will probably keep one sell one.
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

kennyGWSR wrote:If they did them separately i would get one, but i cannot see me getting any of these packs, the hornby and other heljan ones will do.
Totaly agree Kenny, much as i like Cromptons nearly £200 for twin packs only is steep and problem is i would only want one.Totaly stupid idea why only in twin packs? After all the 33's were not exactly renowned as double headers so why 2.
Probably wrong here, but this could be a big mistake and they could be stuck with them.
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

83A Models wrote:
kennyGWSR wrote:If they did them separately i would get one, but i cannot see me getting any of these packs, the hornby and other heljan ones will do.
Kenny i agree with you, think it would have been better to ask the buyers what they would like and then take it from there on the most popular, and sell singlely. And in fairness i still waiting the FGW Class 57 promised in February and now earliest October.
Im still waiting for that too, so much for GWR 175, more like GWR 200 :roll:
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

At that rate Thunderer will be out before it. :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

Anyone heard anything on these yet?
83A Models

Post by 83A Models »

50035 Ark Royal wrote:At that rate Thunderer will be out before it. :lol:
Don't hold your breath on that one either, am just about to cancel my order for the 57, as i have the means and spray gun to do my own, and that is more fun.

Mike & Helen
Maybach Roar - Music to your ears.
redwiper

Post by redwiper »

Taken from the Rail Exclusive website.

Class 33 move forward, but slower than expected
The ‘Cromptons’ are getting there… but slower than hoped. Heljan continue development but we are caught in a backlog at the Chinese manufacturing facility

OUR CLASS 33/0 project has advanced significantly since we made our last report with all the major improvements now incorporated, including the additional modifications to improve the look of the bogie sideframes and fuel tanks.

However, the testing of these parts and how they interact with the existing tooling (eg brake cylinders and cab footsteps) has been slower than hoped. We were also hoping to provide you with confirmation of a modified printed circuit board but this has not arrived to date. This would allow simple modification of the lighting circuits to provide prototypical tail light operation.

Despite all the groundwork having been completed long ago, it appears that we have been caught in a long queue at Heljan’s factory in China, with the Danish company’s own Railbuses, Class 22, DP2 and DPU in front of us. It is looking increasingly likely that the models will not be with us before the late-autumn at the earliest. We apologise for this and you can rest assured we are doing everything within our capabilities to speed the process up.

Although we are disappointed by the delay, we would rather accept this than compromise the models by rushing through the checking procedure and making a mistake. We think customers would prefer that we take longer to make sure all parts are as they should be, to the highest quality. Maybe the best things in life are worth waiting just that little bit longer for!
krusty

Post by krusty »

Did I blink and miss these? Or have they still to materialise?
Krusty.
Jim S-W

Post by Jim S-W »

You haven't missed them, they never appeared.
krusty

Post by krusty »

Since my previous post I have contacted Rail Exclusive and they told me that the Class 33 project was still ongoing. I asked if they had even the faintest idea when the models might be released, they said it would be a good while yet, I asked if it would be within the next 12 months and was told it probably would not.
I have put my name on the pre-order list but I have a grave feeling about this one. :roll:
A shame as I would quite like an accurate pair of early 33s.
Krusty.
SRman

Post by SRman »

I also placed a joint pre-order with a friend - we get one each out of the pack of two. Still waiting, of course, but in the meantime I have continued to buy Heljan ones when they come up at the 'right' price, so I now have two 33/1s, one 33/2 and three 33/0s, the latter all now with modified cab roof profiles to disguise the shape error somewhat.