Class 150 Running slow

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
londonboi1985

Class 150 Running slow

Post by londonboi1985 »

hi all hope your all well,

i got my new class 150 delivered yesterday and i must say what a fanastic loco it is lovley detal :D:D:D

trouble is it is only running at about half speed even when i turn the hornby DCC controller knob to full it is still only going half speed and when i slow it down it seems to take ages to slow down.

anyone know how to fix this it is a brand new loco with a brand new bachmann 21pin DCC chip installed
i am running it on new DCC track/conections
using a hornby select control unit

many thanks
This train is about to depart stand clear of the closing doors please........ mind the doors
londonboi1985

Re: Class 150 Running slow

Post by londonboi1985 »

???
This train is about to depart stand clear of the closing doors please........ mind the doors
DJH584

Post by DJH584 »

Hi

Before making any judgement on its speed, get the running in period over and done with first.
Any new loco I get is run in for a period of two hours on a second radius oval track.
They are run forward and in reverse for half an hour in each direction both clockwise and anticlockwise, AND at no more than half throttle on the controller.
This gives the loco to bed in before being put to full throttle use.
As your 150 beds in, you may notice that it will get faster. If it does then turn down the throttle so it beds in properly.

Once you have done all that, please come back and tell us how it is doing.

Regards

David
David and Lynda

Constructors of the soon to be Sandown RR
londonboi1985

Post by londonboi1985 »

Yeah I did do that yesterday I have a small radius set up on a spare board for that purpose its still the same if anything mabey a small bit worse
DJH584

Post by DJH584 »

Then I don't know what to suggest apart from incompatibilty between your controller and the decoder.

Hopefully someone far more knowledgeable than myself will be able to assist you.

Regards

David
David and Lynda

Constructors of the soon to be Sandown RR
poliss

Post by poliss »

What radius track are you using?
londonboi1985

Post by londonboi1985 »

hi its the R607 radius curves i use

it is a bachmann brand new out the box class 150 and the bachmann de coder for that loco which is bachmann ez command 3-function DCC decoder 21 pin part number 36-554

any idea spoky

no i fitted it myself but i have done loads of chips
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Only problem I can see there Spocky, is that Londonboi wont be able to alter CV settings with the Hornby Select unit...
londonboi1985

Post by londonboi1985 »

hhmmmm interesting its just annoying because he is such a lovley loco and my class 153's go whizzing past him i dont want him going so fast that he flys off the track just sped up a little bit ah well looks like a treck back to the shop get them to look at it for me :(:(:(
poliss

Post by poliss »

We really need a video to see whether it's going at the correct scale speed or that your other models go at twice the speed of sound.
londonboi1985

Post by londonboi1985 »

right loco speed seems to be fine now i now have another flipping problem the trailer cars directional lights wont come on now although the motor cars does i have checked the little connector thing and put it back in seems fine any ideas how to fix this now
londonboi1985

Post by londonboi1985 »

Sorry to flag this up again does anyone know if the bachmann 150 is designed to run sloww to make it look likes its running at scale speed