Royston Vasey Station

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Vigo
Location: About 300 yards away from the old Woodhead line. Royston Vasey, Derbyshire

Royston Vasey Station

Post by Vigo »

Following on from this: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=29422
... this is my new project.

The station in the village where I live, as it was around 1960ish. The bit between the red lines is where the station is and is approx 800' long so in N I work out that the whole station/yard area to be around 10' in length. I intend to fit this diagonally on my existing 14' x 3' shelf in the garage.

My intention is to build this as a runaround layout with the rest of the loop hidden behind/under scenery with a run off to a fiddle yard on the other side of the garage which already exists (4 road, approx 8' long). I also plan to have full electronic control over all the pointwork (17 points, 2 double slips and 1 single slip.... that should be fun :? )

ALSO.... I intend to either replace of update my existing stock of 11 locos (8 Farish 1 Atlas & 2 kitbuilt) to DCC.
ALSO ALSO.... My Xmas list this year includes 2x EM1/2 electric loco kits and 2x Hymeks or Kato chassis to make them work, shedloads of point motors, loads of CDU's and some DCC stuff.

Doubtless I won't get any of these, just the usual smelly stuff and socks that your average nearly 50 yr old gets for christmas, so I view this as a fairly long term (bloody expensive) project, unlike my previous three attempts.
Happily spending most of my spare time in the garage with my trains and a glass of Spain's finest :D
Vigo
Location: About 300 yards away from the old Woodhead line. Royston Vasey, Derbyshire

Re: Royston Vasey Station

Post by Vigo »

Forgot.

Any help/guidance on DCC would be very useful. I'm a bit of a Luddite really but my dad who's pushing 71 swears by DCC and I see this layout as crying out for it.

BTW This station is currently the terminus of what used to be the Woodhead (Manchester - Sheffield) Line, where these things ran.

If I do it right, this should be a really interesting layout in about 10 years time :roll:
Happily spending most of my spare time in the garage with my trains and a glass of Spain's finest :D
slackbladder

Re: Royston Vasey Station

Post by slackbladder »

loads of CDU's and some DCC stuff
You would probably only need one of them mate. (CDU that is)
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd