kernows 3 mystery models

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
kennyGWSR

kernows 3 mystery models

Post by kennyGWSR »

right i didnt know whether they would be hornby, bachmann or dapol so putting it in other model railway manufacurers seemed best. at the kernow model show on the 4th and 5th of september, they will be revealling 3 new models that will be commisioned after the show. all it says on there site is that steam, diesel and electric modellers will be happy to invite these into the world of model railways. so anyone got any ideas? they might have a cornish connection or could be to fill the gap in the market. i hope the steam loco will be a 00 gauge p class, the diesel maybe a class 07 shunter but i have no idea what the electric could be. i would love to hear what you think.

cheers kenny
Bufferstop

Re: kernows 3 mystery models

Post by Bufferstop »

If the current lead times of certain manufacturers are anything to go by the West of England line will be electrified and they'll know what prototype to follow.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

What's the other famous late surviving little old engine that's much celebrated in the South-West, and is a very attractive design altogether? In some ways I am surprised that the Adams 'Radial Tank' wasn't their first choice. That would be my guess.

Diesel, the list of types that are available unmodelled is growing shorter. The SR theme would have me guessing at the prototype diesels 10201/2/3, unless another multiple unit beckons, was there a DMU much used down West that isn't available or announced in RTR?

Electric, with the axe to public spending there will be no Westward electrification in the next twenty years, so nothing new to model. A third rail EMU seems the likely choice to me.
Metadyneman

Post by Metadyneman »

Bigmet wrote:was there a DMU much used down West that isn't available or announced in RTR?
Swindon class 120 cross country DMU perhaps? originally built for the Western Region in 1959 to replace steam services. Not a pretty design by any means but most certainly a "western" DMU being built at Swindon. There were some built for Scotland too and I think these soldiered on till 1989.
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side!
D0260

Post by D0260 »

Swindon class 120 cross country DMU perhaps?
Oh Yes Please - Make my day!!!
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

it has just dawned on me which steam loco it could be, having very strong connections which cornwall. the 1366 pannier tank. as this took over from the beattie well tanks. we could at last be having one of the missing panniers made. if so im ordering for my preservation dream. :P
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

was just thinking about the steam loco again for this, it could be a 64xx pannier or the 42xx freight tank.
Black-Marlin

Mystery solved!

Post by Black-Marlin »

And all is revealed...

Steam: O2 0-4-4T (Dapol)

Diesel: The 3 Southern Bulleid prototypes 10201, 10202 & 10203 (Dapol)

Electric: Class 205 2-H 'Thumper' (Bachmann)

But see here:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/in ... ubmit=next
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Bigmet wrote: The SR theme would have me guessing at the prototype diesels 10201/2/3 ...
What's my prize for making the only successful guess?
Bigmet wrote: Electric ... A third rail EMU seems the likely choice to me.
The class 205 is an old announcement, originally commissioned from Dapol, now to be made by Bachmann. I believe that there is something else planned but not yet finalised, so there is a further announcement to come.
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

He he!
is that any good on the Killin Branch?
same difference, different place
you might make a KILLLINg PUG
I wish you well anyway
rocketman
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

Bigmet wrote:
Bigmet wrote: The SR theme would have me guessing at the prototype diesels 10201/2/3 ...
What's my prize for making the only successful guess?
Bigmet wrote: Electric ... A third rail EMU seems the likely choice to me.
The class 205 is an old announcement, originally commissioned from Dapol, now to be made by Bachmann. I believe that there is something else planned but not yet finalised, so there is a further announcement to come.
the electric has been put back for some reason. but expect it in the near future.