Burraw Central - OOGauge Model Railway. UPDATED!-23/07/2009

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.

Re: Burraw Central - OOGauge Model Railway. UPDATED!

Post by 60007 »

burrawcentral wrote: Image
Has your 37 had an accident with a soldering iron on the domino headcodes, looks like a big lump has been melted/cut out!
If I wasn't me, I'd be someone else!
burrawcentral

Post by burrawcentral »

Its a failed attempt of making it have a light.
My Model Railway: Burraw Central
edwardholmes91

Post by edwardholmes91 »

burrawcentral wrote:Its a failed attempt of making it have a light.
Bah... you got to start somewhere. Maybe try some LEDs then you shouldn't have any problems with it melting the plastic. I fitted some LEDs in my Eurostar but the charging circuit that powered them drained too much power and it slowed the train down loads. :(

Layout looks amazing, you really get a feel for the immense scale of it when you are actually here :) Its absolutely huge and its amazing. :D
burrawcentral

Post by burrawcentral »

holmedwa04 wrote:
burrawcentral wrote:Its a failed attempt of making it have a light.
Bah... you got to start somewhere. Maybe try some LEDs then you shouldn't have any problems with it melting the plastic. I fitted some LEDs in my Eurostar but the charging circuit that powered them drained too much power and it slowed the train down loads. :(

Layout looks amazing, you really get a feel for the immense scale of it when you are actually here :) Its absolutely huge and its amazing. :D

Yer it is huge :)..

I i might...
burrawcentral

Post by burrawcentral »

Some Pics At Night:

And Of The Yard:

PS: The Lights Where Made By Edward :), And they where wired by him as well. I will have a tutorial made so you can make your own lights as well.

Thanks.
edwardholmes91

Re: Burraw Central - OOGauge Model Railway. UPDATED!-23/07/2009

Post by edwardholmes91 »

Looks great, really gives it that little extra touch of realism, plus it means that you can run trains with the lights off making it look like night time! Well durh... lol I will shut up... that was a bit of a silly suggestion... of course you can! :oops:

Thanks for the mention in the post about making the lights. Like Liam says we will get a tutorial up on how to make the lights as soon as possible... the wiring of them is simple... just wire them in parallel with each other and they will work of AC or DC 12V or that's the idea! It took 3 attempts for us to get them working properly, in the end we ended up soldering them together to ensure a good long lasting connection.