The Line To Honeywell

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Puff the magic dragon

Post by Puff the magic dragon »

Sorry to hear that Rich, God I hate blood sucking landlords. (Does not represent opinions of the website owners). Or something along those lines :wink: Hope you still have access to the net, other wise we will miss your idle banter :D
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Urgh, not good news. :(

I remember my renting days - don't miss them, I lived in some absolute dumps. Can't see why he's increased the mortgage as the interest rate hasn't changed. He might just be increasing it to get you out so that he can then spend some money getting the place done up.

Either way... sorry to hear it.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Rich

Rotten news mate, not the news you want anytime but particularly unsettling just before x-mas. You've still got the important things though, Em and the menagerie.

Best of luck to you both
Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Its been said before but I will say it agiain

THAT SUCKS :( :(

and just before christmas and just after you painted the room. So when you going to have to move? I hope not until after christmas.

and where too?
Honeywell

Post by Honeywell »

saslord wrote:So when you going to have to move? I hope not until after christmas.

and where too?
Don't know and don't know.

I can't see it being before Christmas because we have to give a month notice for leaving here. The rent goes up in February, but I want out as soon as we can.

We going to start packing straight away because it's no small task.

Cheers for the support boys, I'm sure I'll stick around here to keep up with what is going on and to make sure none of you go into swearing fits in the general chat section which I moderate..
Raider

Post by Raider »

Not the Christmas present you wanted really!

Have you thought about buying? Could work out that you are paying the same as if you were renting, but at least you will end up owning the property.

Just a thought and best of luck with the house hunting

Chris
Honeywell

Post by Honeywell »

Potentially buying is looking more of an option as time goes on.

I've just been thinking, this is a really crap way to have racked up the 5th page in the thread :(
Puff the magic dragon

Post by Puff the magic dragon »

I agree mate, it's far better to have a marathon games weekend!!! :lol:
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Well, on the bright side you still have the record for the most pages about a personal layout that hasn't been started yet because I seem to have finally started mine :^)
Honestly not meaning to rub your nose in it of course!!
Pros to moving to Australia
The cheapest houses in Queensland (one of which I'm living in) come in under $AU300,000, what's that about 130,000 quid?
It's warm
There's lots of sky
Rolf Harris lives in England
High demand for skilled labour, especially if you're a doctor, nurse, teacher or carpenter.. Not sure about truck drivers, emigration-wise, but there's always work for them.
Cons
Model railways seem to cost more but you can always order it from england
You get paid less
You'll have to quarantine your bunny (and thats not a euphamism!)
All of our animals can kill you :^) I dunno how I made it to 40 some days!
Regards
Rob
Honeywell

Post by Honeywell »

Sorry for not replying quicker.

I have been on, but I really don't know what to say about the situation.

If I could go to Australia it'd be nice, but as sad as it sounds I wouldn't want to leave my family that far behind.

We're half toying with buying a place, but right at this time we have no idea what we're gonna do or where we may bloody end up.

There's a nice depressing thought for a Friday night.

Sorry guys. I won't post when I'm tired next time...
Raider

Post by Raider »

Don't worry about it - sometimes it is good just to write things down or chat things over with people who aren't involved in the situation.

Not sure what house prices are like round your neck of the woods, but if they are out of your price range are there any housing associations which do shared ownership? We couldn't afford to buy a house when we first got married so had to go down the shared ownership route - basically you buy a percentage and rent the rest (think you can go as low as 50:50, but not sure) and then buy chunks of the rest as you can afford it.

Anyway, on the bright side it gives you more time to plan your layout and get bits together.

Raider
Honeywell

Post by Honeywell »

We're looking at all kinds of options at the moment.

There is some sort of housing shared ownership scheme in the area, but it's something we need to look at yet.

As for planning time being in abundance now... I had everything all set in the back room.. all laid out, the heater on ready to do the last little bit of layout design I needed to do when Emma found the letter saying the rent was due to go up.

Talk about a way to take the wind out of my sails.
norrie430

Post by norrie430 »

If you want some help with deciding about shared onwership etc drop me a line and I will try to answer your queries. The same sort of thing happened my eldest son and his mortgage is less than his rent was! :shock:
Honeywell

Post by Honeywell »

I'll be honest, shared ownership isn't something I like the idea of. I'm sure it has it's advantages, but there's something about it I don't like.

I'm just not sure what..

May end up something I look at more seriously, in which case I shall certainly take you up on that offer - thanks :)

*ninja edited*
Last edited by Honeywell on Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norrie430

Post by norrie430 »

Sorry I confused you there my eledest didn't go the shared ownership route. But if you want any help about mortgages let me know, well there is no point in working for mortgage company if you can't help a few people