FIRST POST WITH PICS

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
GROTLAND

Re: FIRST POST WITH PICS

Post by GROTLAND »

Aw so what....you've got a nice layout and loads of guitars and money, but you don't have a layout like mine or a cool Rickenbacker like...er ...me.
Have to say though, all those layout shots are amazing. That must be the best looking track i've ever seen. If you want compliments you'll get them here.
I'm guessing you'll be fitting point rodding eventually. If you've been out of the hobby for a while you mightn't know that you can get it from these:

http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/track_details.htm

and really nice signals from Model Signal Engineering(MSE):

http://www.wizardmodels.co.uk/FrameSetS ... M=wizabout

they seem to have altered the site and it's really difficult to navigate it(you should find it somewhere on there).
Black-Marlin

Post by Black-Marlin »

phil.c wrote: ALLOTMENTS. (Bachmann Pannier, etched chassis, Machima motor,flywheel)
Oh for goodness sake... every time you add pictures I suddenly feel as though I'm in the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition sketch. "Here we have three of the best pics on the...four. Here are four of the best..."

This is amazing (do I get another cheque? :wink: ). I love the light in this - it's that kind of weird pre-thunderstorm gloom where the sky actively glowers at you - and I also love the central tree - the ivy or creeper growing up the trunk is a gorgeous touch. How did you make it (not just the ivy but the entire tree!)?

You should be aware that I have many, many questions... (sorry :oops:). I only ask so that I can copy!

Cheers,
Gavin

*Edit - has anyone drawn Aiden's (Sanctuary's) attention to this thread yet? If ever there was photography suited to the Virtual Railway Exhibitions...*
phil.c

Post by phil.c »

Dead hydranger plant fitted to a wire trunk, then covered with Polyfiller and painted, scenic material is added for the foliage and ivy. Everything is then given some more paint to dull things down.
I't's not difficult, the problem with a lot of layouts is not the modelling, but the finish....too many bright colours.....just copy from nature!

Phil
Walden House

Post by Walden House »

Hi Phil lovely layout (and Mixing Desk!) Same hobbies as me, obviously. Perhaps they go hand in hand.
May I ask, what make & colour did you paint the rails with, please. It's the best likeness I've seen to date.
Enjoying the thread.
Thanks,
Robert
phil.c

Post by phil.c »

Robert,
The rails are actually phosfor bronze and aged with time! Easy in it :D

Phil
Walden House

Post by Walden House »